I512400f and b660tomahawk clock speeds

Hi im having a rough time optimizing this cpu for gaming, what is best for gaming performance clock speeds fluctuations when core set to turbo ratio and c6 c states enabled i get fluctuations of 3.9-4.1 4.4 it only ever gets to 4.4 for a second mainly on 4.1 dipping to 3.9 sometimes 

will i benefit from syncing all cores and no c state which locks all cores to a constant 3.99 for gaming? No thermal throttle the chip does go above 50degress on stress tests 

11 minutes ago, Kyeman97 said:

it only ever gets to 4.4 for a second mainly on 4.1 dipping to 3.9 sometimes 

The all-core turbo max is 4 Ghz, I believe, the 4.4 is the max single core clock.

12 minutes ago, Kyeman97 said:

will i benefit from syncing all cores and no c state which locks all cores to a constant 3.99 for gaming? No thermal throttle the chip does go above 50degress on stress tests 

I'd just leave it at stock, if you turn off the c-states then the idle power consumption will be higher.

1 hour ago, Tetras said:

The all-core turbo max is 4 Ghz, I believe, the 4.4 is the max single core clock.

I'd just leave it at stock, if you turn off the c-states then the idle power consumption will be higher.

I cant remember what the stock was tbh with you pretty sure it was all cores locked to 3.99 thats why I started tweaking in the first place, cpu was advertised at 4.4ghz

32 minutes ago, Kyeman97 said:

cpu was advertised at 4.4ghz

That is the maximum speed when one core is active. You will not see that speed when playing a game.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/br/pt/ark/products/134587/intel-core-i5-12400f-processor-18m-cache-up-to-4-40-ghz.html

Do some testing to see what works best. Some people disable the C states so their CPU runs slower but at a more consistent speed. This will increase power consumption and your CPU might run a little hotter. Disabling the C states can reduce latency.

Increase the turbo power limits if your CPU cannot maintain 4.0 GHz.

2 hours ago, Kyeman97 said:

cpu was advertised at 4.4ghz

As unclewebb has said, that's the maximum turbo speed for one core. Games will use more than one core, so the speed will drop. If you look at YouTube videos with your CPU, you'll see that it is pegged at (or near) 4 Ghz while playing games.

13 hours ago, Tetras said:

As unclewebb has said, that's the maximum turbo speed for one core. Games will use more than one core, so the speed will drop. If you look at YouTube videos with your CPU, you'll see that it is pegged at (or near) 4 Ghz while playing games.

I understand that mate thankyou, my question is what’s better for gaming stability performance locking all cores to 4ghz (sync all cores and c states disabled) or have them varying from 40-41-44mhz 

2 hours ago, Kyeman97 said:

I understand that mate thankyou, my question is what’s better for gaming stability performance locking all cores to 4ghz (sync all cores and c states disabled) or have them varying from 40-41-44mhz 

I'd just leave it at stock, which retains the higher single/multi core boost ratios and lower idle power consumption, but it is your call based on your own testing.