Old keyboard died sadly need a new one

Swaiz

Hello sadly my keyboard died (corsair k70 rgb mk2) since that i wanna buy a new one i was thinking about a razer one since i got a mouse from razer and wanted to ask what is good if possible a tkl  one since i dont use the thing.

Ty for the help.

From what I've read about Razer keyboards from customers, they are not the best quality and some models break easily. I would also say that unless you really need and can feel differences in input latency on keyboards, most gamer keyboards don't really offer that much for the money.

Other brands in the budget custom space offer better value for the money imho. Often recommended brands here are Nuphy and Keychron, but if you look for custom keyboards on YT a bit, you should find a lot of new really good stuff was released in the last year or so.

At the very least I would recommend to consider only boards with hotswap sockets, as that allows you both to replace broken switches and to not be tied to just one type of switches. Switches alone are much cheaper than I full board, naturally.

Ehh razer quality/longevity wise is honestly kinda shit

What ya lookin for in a keyboard?

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Ehh razer quality/longevity wise is honestly kinda shit

What ya lookin for in a keyboard?

well i tbh look for a tkl one and i dont mind clicky but silent one also would be nice and i tbh didnt know razer is that shit i had idk like 6 years ago or so a black widow chroma x this one was good so i thought they are decent

8 minutes ago, GarlicDeliverySystem said:

From what I've read about Razer keyboards from customers, they are not the best quality and some models break easily. I would also say that unless you really need and can feel differences in input latency on keyboards, most gamer keyboards don't really offer that much for the money.

Other brands in the budget custom space offer better value for the money imho. Often recommended brands here are Nuphy and Keychron, but if you look for custom keyboards on YT a bit, you should find a lot of new really good stuff was released in the last year or so.

At the very least I would recommend to consider only boards with hotswap sockets, as that allows you both to replace broken switches and to not be tied to just one type of switches. Switches alone are much cheaper than I full board, naturally.

well i had a black widow chroma x some years ago and it was kinda good so i thought they are decent

36 minutes ago, Swaiz said:

well i had a black widow chroma x some years ago and it was kinda good so i thought they are decent

Could be, but recently there were reports on the Blackwidow 75% V4 indicating that they are currently dying really quickly. Like one guy reported that he is on his forth board since last fall, with many similar 1 star reviews on listings on amazon.com.

5 minutes ago, GarlicDeliverySystem said:

Could be, but recently there were reports on the Blackwidow 75% V4 indicating that they are currently dying really quickly. Like one guy reported that he is on his forth board since last fall, with many similar 1 star reviews on listings on amazon.com.

well i wouldnt be anyways the v4 more likely the v3 tkl or one of the huntsman if i go for razer