Sanity check before ordering equipment

Kerthmash

About to pull the trigger on an order for Ubiquiti equipment.  Just wanted a second set of eyes as a sanity check to ensure that I am not missing something.

• Dream Machine Pro
  • Standard 24 port PoE switch
  • Network Video Recorder (with 2 8GB drives)
  • G5 Bullet
  • G4 Bullet (had planned on 2 G5, but a G4 comes with the UNVR purchase)
  • G4 Doorbell Pro PoE
  • U6 Pro Access point

The above is replacing a BestBuy purchased Linksys switch, and several Google nest cameras.  I have 1GB Bell Fiber coming into the house.

I will be running all-new Cat6 cables throughout to connect devices, replacing the random lengths of off the shelf patch cables that currently supply things.

Based on the Ubiquiti planning tool, the U6 Pro should provide enough coverage for my house.  I can always add later on.

Was wondering as well, is the UI Care extended warranty worth it for a home application?  Works out to about $400 extra for the eligible items in the list.  I'm also open to suggestions on alternate equipment if something else would be better/more cost effective.

For what it's worth, with 5 cameras and a 3TB drive in the Dream Machine Pro, I get about a month's worth of recordings. The NVR might be a little extra, but it's your money. 

I agree that the NVR is probably not necessary for that few cameras. I would also buy the Dream machine pro special edition instead of the standard one. The poe ports on it are nice  to run cameras and access points, and the 2.5 gb wan is a little more future proof.

I'd also buy the u7 pro vs the 6 pro. At $189 it's not that expensive and a little more future proof.

I had read that some folks had issues with UDMP stability when using it as a source for video.  That being said, I can always add to it later if needed I suppose 🙂

I'd love to go with the SE and the U7 pro, but both are currently sold out on the site. In Canada, the u7's run $239 as well unfortunately.  However, if I drop the UNVR, then I may be able to update some of the other bits.

any idea how often stock comes back in on their site?