Oc mode on strix 4090

Mando772004

On their page asus states that OC mode basically is like one of the modes the gpu can run on, i tested it and core clocks actually went up from 2790 to 2820 in cyberpunk, from anyone's experience is their OC mode stable or not?

How did you enable this “mode”?  

These cards have an OC BIOS switch and a Quiet mode and all that changes is the fan profile. 

As for stability, you tell us. 

6 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

How did you enable this “mode”?  

These cards have an OC BIOS switch and a Quiet mode and all that changes is the fan profile. 

As for stability, you tell us. 

Gpu tweak III, its apparently where you can enable that mode, and as far as i know the only 2 bios i have are performance and quiet so if by OC you mean performance bios then yeah you are correct indeed. I thought this mode was i guess widely used maybe its not. Is it ok for strix oc 4090 cards with no oc or power limit increase to sometimes drop to 2775mhz under gaming load, like 100% gaming load? Its usually around 2790 but once it starts to reach around like 60c it can drop but never below 2775

1 hour ago, Mando772004 said:

Gpu tweak III

Got it, it wasn't clear where you were setting this profile before. Sounds like a minor tweak and its unlikely to cause a problem. Probably doesn't really do much, either. Those "presets" mostly to give the illusion features for marketing purposes. 

17 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Got it, it wasn't clear where you were setting this profile before. Sounds like a minor tweak and its unlikely to cause a problem. Probably doesn't really do much, either. Those "presets" mostly to give the illusion features for marketing purposes. 

Oh okay, one last thing can you tell me about the core clocks thing i mentioned? The fact that the strix oc gets around 2775-2790mhz under full load in games, is that normal or it should be higher? The suprim 4090 i had before that would get 2775mhz under full load gaming which makes sense cuz it is a bit slower than the strix oc but im just making sure that those numbers are within range

Seems normal for stock-ish 4090. I see a consistent 2730Mhz bone stock. 

26 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Seems normal for stock-ish 4090. I see a consistent 2730Mhz bone stock. 

Whats your 4090 model?

3 minutes ago, Mando772004 said:

Whats your 4090 model?

TUF OC

These minor clockspeed differences out of the box are a waste of time to think about, they make no real world difference. Brands use them to sell cards to inexperienced buyers. 

For an actual bump that you might notice, tune the card manually. Or just leave it stock and play games, its a dumb fast card as is.

20 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

TUF OC

These minor clockspeed differences out of the box are a waste of time to think about, they make no real world difference. Brands use them to sell cards to inexperienced buyers. 

For an actual bump that you might notice, tune the card manually. Or just leave it stock and play games, its a dumb fast card as is.

yeah that is true, it is already really fast