ASUS Zephyrus G15 keyboard nightmare

I bought a G15 laptop in 2022, and right before the warranty was about to expire I started having issues with the "E" key. What's weird is that via Google-Fu I've found several other people having the same issue. Basically, the "E" will sometimes work and sometimes not. If you reinstall the OS from scratch it works great for a few days and then starts acting up again. You can also get the "E" key to work if you're typing an "e" immediately after another character fast enough. This seems software related to me, and not hardware. It's almost as if the Windows FIlter Keys is getting in the way (even though I disabled it. I've also adjusted the character repeat delay) or another app or service is intercepting the keystroke.

The fact that this is so intermittent is baffling. Sometimes a reboot fixes it for a while. Other times, uninstalling the keyboard from Device Manager and reinstalling does it, and even other times a full OS reinstall does the trick for even longer. The long term end result is always the same, the key eventually stops being reliable again.

The laptop's warranty expired before I realized the keyboard wasn't permanently fixed, so now I'm pondering spending the $90 to get it looked at by Asus, but man I don't want to do that.

Any other Zephyrus owners have an experience like this?

Yes, i have this issue as well on my G14. Sometimes the entire keyboard will stop working and requires a hard reboot. Bought in DEC 2023. I'm pissed and annoyed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Zephyrus M16 with the same exact problem, but there is no specific assistance for this in Brazil. I would have to directly buy and replace the keyboard if it's in fact the problem. I'm also pissed.