rate my desk

OhYou_

I very rudely got sent to brazil on short notice to go fix some equipment for work and got to choose company housing or a hotel. I chose housing so i could have a clothes washer but damn theres no desks here

I bring you, the cardboard desk
made using literally trash and the existing furnagure
20240205_170318.thumb.jpg.1bbde50bffd5920bbf137542bd22c412.jpg20240205_170231.thumb.jpg.ecd07a86d87bda7f1e8d9cf43efce4dd.jpg

When Covid hit I had to go from having an office on each side of the county to a makeshift in my garage since everything here shut down completely. I like what you did, and to be honest, if I had to pick between a washer and a desk when away from home, I would do as you did.

25 minutes ago, OhYou_ said:

I very rudely got sent to brazil on short notice

I don't know why but I find this exceedingly funny. Like they just packed your up and shipped you off. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

4 minutes ago, Skipple said:

I don't know why but I find this exceedingly funny. Like they just packed your up and shipped you off. 

when you're the only one in the country that's going to come down and fix a $700,000 piece of equipment with no concerns for liability or product defect risks, it really do be like that.

1 hour ago, OhYou_ said:

I very rudely got sent to brazil on short notice to go fix some equipment for work and got to choose company housing or a hotel. I chose housing so i could have a clothes washer but damn theres no desks here

I bring you, the cardboard desk
made using literally trash and the existing furnagure
20240205_170318.thumb.jpg.1bbde50bffd5920bbf137542bd22c412.jpg20240205_170231.thumb.jpg.ecd07a86d87bda7f1e8d9cf43efce4dd.jpg

If it works, it ain't stupid. This is probably the most ergonomic solution for your situation too.

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I like to edit my posts a lot.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU 1: RTX 2070 Super

GPU 2: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Gigabyte P450B EVGA 600BR EVGA 750BR

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

update: i got a monitor
Also a different thinkpad, this one is a T15p, old was a p14s. Slight better cpu but way better thermals, it doesnt thermal throttle like the other one. If it wasnt for the monitor, the 15.6in screen would be better too.
20240213_182046.thumb.jpg.1834a480867b8947b16ef3d7e582a640.jpg

Not going to lie, I have a table like this with two pieces of furniture and a chunk of plywood in my basement, if it works it works.

Good problem solving!

Listens to WAN show while doing dishes. 😊 Living in 2024 with a tech attitude stuck in 2010.