Boinc - Only 1 project is currently working

I've tested all the available projects for the BOINC desktop application, and only the Amicable numbers project works properly, with the rosetta@home saying "no tasks available", and the others failing, and showing different errors, but mainly the error "your username or password is incorrect". which they aren't. Anybody else who've experienced this, and anybody who can relay this information to the BOINC team, so they can either fix or remove the projects that aren't working, so others don't have to waste time like me, trying to get them to work?

2 hours ago, kasdashd said:

I've tested all the available projects for the BOINC desktop application, and only the Amicable numbers project works properly, with the rosetta@home saying "no tasks available", and the others failing, and showing different errors, but mainly the error "your username or password is incorrect". which they aren't. Anybody else who've experienced this, and anybody who can relay this information to the BOINC team, so they can either fix or remove the projects that aren't working, so others don't have to waste time like me, trying to get them to work?

I'm not into those projects you mentioned, but I know for a fact Primegrid is always up. Other projects with more dodgy work (but 100% still alive) include WCG, Gpugrid, CPDN and Amicable. So you can try those too; sometimes projects do run out of work for a bit. This might be the case, but would be no reason to remove them from the project list.

That's half the point of the platform, you can attach to whatever you want, with as many projects as you want. You can set main and backup ones, and while it isn't all that intuitive, it's pretty customizable to suit your needs.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

As I said before, I tried every single project, and they all failed except Amicable numbers. Just tried Primegrid again, and it just says "login failed, check username and password and try again", which most of the other projects say as well.

1 hour ago, kasdashd said:

As I said before, I tried every single project, and they all failed except Amicable numbers. Just tried Primegrid again, and it just says "login failed, check username and password and try again", which most of the other projects say as well.

Wait... did you create your account on each and every one of them? You have to register for every single project you want to join, you don't just make an acc on one and get to use those credentials for everything else.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

3 hours ago, Imakuni said:

Wait... did you create your account on each and every one of them? You have to register for every single project you want to join, you don't just make an acc on one and get to use those credentials for everything else.

Why not? If I’ve made an account for BOINC, and they all use the BOINC manager, how come you need different accounts for each one? And not gonna start using another project till I’m 100% done with the current one, creating 25-30 different accounts is very time consuming.

9 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

Why not? If I’ve made an account for BOINC, and they all use the BOINC manager, how come you need different accounts for each one?

Because that's not how it works, BOINC is just a middle man that takes care of running everything, but not actually keeping track of your account. You don't make a "boinc account", you make an account on the project you want to affiliate with. It's kinda like saying "I made a microsoft account to log into windows, why can't I log into into LTT forums, yahoo mail and youtube using the same name and password". It's because those are different things; if you want to use the same credentials, you register on those sites individually, giving them the same email and password each time.

9 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

And not gonna start using another project till I’m 100% done with the current one, creating 25-30 different accounts is very time consuming.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. Generally speaking, you choose one project you want to dedicate your computer to. Maybe a second and third as backup projects, in case your main one run out of work.. but not really much more than that. You're not expected to make 30 accounts, you're expected to make 3.

Still, if you want to have that many, use an Account Manager. Personally, I've never used one, but you could try BAM! to streamline managing multiple projects.

12 hours ago, Imakuni said:

Because that's not how it works, BOINC is just a middle man that takes care of running everything, but not actually keeping track of your account. You don't make a "boinc account", you make an account on the project you want to affiliate with. It's kinda like saying "I made a microsoft account to log into windows, why can't I log into into LTT forums, yahoo mail and youtube using the same name and password". It's because those are different things; if you want to use the same credentials, you register on those sites individually, giving them the same email and password each time.

I'm not quite sure what you mean here. Generally speaking, you choose one project you want to dedicate your computer to. Maybe a second and third as backup projects, in case your main one run out of work.. but not really much more than that. You're not expected to make 30 accounts, you're expected to make 3.

Still, if you want to have that many, use an Account Manager. Personally, I've never used one, but you could try BAM! to streamline managing multiple projects.

Thanks for the reply. I do only have my PC working on 1 project in the background, but I do a lot of trsting and troubleshooting for lots of software, apps, games, services, and so on, so I always test that everything works, and if there are any issues, bugs, or just stuff that I think could be improved, I send my feedback to the developers, so that’s why I wrote this topic on this forum in the first place, to learn more about the BOINC manager, and to know if my issues were universal or just my own fault. I do all this for free btw, just cause I’m a big perfectionist, and wanna use all apps on my mobile devices, and play games without any issues at all, and then it doesn’t hurt that others benefit from issues beijg resolved as well.