LAN Center First Look & Tour

James

Easy way for PA system would be looking for d&b audiotechnik products especially DS10 dante receiver for amps, you dont need 40 speakers for that much area, but definitely worth checking聽

Now I know, why all the Dante stuff is out of stock almost everywhere. Linus have bought 'em all! 馃槀

Also I pray for the LTT guys, because Dante tends to turn unstable, even on a dedicated VLAN if QoS and packet prioritization (traffic shaping) is not set up correctly, due to it being a very heavily UDP based protocol. I remember a nightmare AV install I did back in the day, where most VLANs were really crowded with UDP traffic (for example with IP cameras) and the network just did not have the overhead to run multiple Dante streams in stable manner, even if everything was set up relatively correctly. If you want to be bulletproof, completely air gap the Dante LAN from the rest of the network. It might be a crude solution, but it works for sure.

Also, please feel free hit me with constructive ideas or bad/good experiences regarding large scale Dante stuff.

On 2/2/2024 at 12:30 AM, Falkoner said:

Easy way for PA system would be looking for d&b audiotechnik products especially DS10 dante receiver for amps, you dont need 40 speakers for that much area, but definitely worth checking聽

I have no idea on how they are planning to zone out the room in terms of PA, but you might be right with less speakers.
The Dynacord MXE5 they have shown a glimpse of in the video is capable of routing 24 Dante inputs into 24 Dante outputs. That's plenty. I have no experience with their SONICUE ecosystem, but for sure they have a control surface for routing.

On 1/31/2024 at 6:25 PM, Sandbass said:

I'm a bit torn when it comes to Q-Sys. Yes, it's incredibly flexible and versatile. But when it comes to reliability and processing capabilities I would prefer the Yamaha + Extron IPCP Pro solution. I have plenty experience with both, and while both ecosystems do their job, I had a lot more trouble with buggy firmwares etc. with Q-Sys. For something that "just needs to work" and doesn't profit from the reeeaaallly nice BYOD video conferencing integration, it's not my first choice.聽

Again on the PoE speakers - I am absolutely for individual controls over every (or at least most) speaker(s), but I would prefer to do exactly that with passive speakers. Just because troubleshooting and setting everything up can be so much simpler if all your active components are in one rack. Also helps with centralized heat dissipation.聽聽

I've set up an installation like that 2-3 years ago. Around 60-70 speakers distributed in an exhibition, driven by seven QSC聽CX-Q 4K8 8-channel amplifiers, creating an immersive sound environment. Processing and control is handled by redundant Q-Sys Core510i, all audio signals are played back directly within the Q-Sys system (64 channel audio player license). Would've taken me a lot longer, had those been Dante PoE speakers 馃槄

What I would be worried about in this case in terms of passive speakers, are the run lenghts. That warehouse is massive, and cable impedance will definitely have and impact on efficency. Maybe a 70V or 100V system is the viable option to go with, if they choose the passive route, like you probably did with the QSC聽CX-Q 4K8s, and as you mentioned, it's probably cheaper, not to mention the insane wait times on Dante gear nowadays.

@GOTSpectrum聽Did Linus talked about how it's financed?

Even for an CEO/owner of a 100 employee company that's a little bit to expensive for his own pockets. Talking about an multi million dollar endeavour. Don't know anything about sports venues but that's large building meaning a equally large group of people would need to sign up for it to break even.

People never go out of business.

Just FYI the Closed Captions for this seem to be for the audio from the Electroboom upgrade video.

for anyone questioning the potential audio and other setups:
Make sure you look at friday (2/2/24) WAN Show, and apparently Dan and others have been approached by Sony and others to absolutely fuckin' deck the shit out of the PA and Cameras and other tech.聽聽