CPU PART 2!

Budget (including currency): Price to Performace. 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming 99% of time. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I have got my GPU RX 7800 XT and need a CPU, I did do a post and got some great help but spent some more time narrowing it down to the below. Sorry it's a lot of data trying to find the best. I will say for Intel I have only done DDR4 and not DDR5 maybe people will say I need to add it in? 

It's set at the end by the final price.

The ones that I think stand out for me and maybe will be a bad idea for gaming would be R7 5700X

I may have missed some CPUs but that will be down to my preferred retailer not stocking them (I have some vouchers to use with that) 

FYI 8600K is my current CPU with DDR4 3200MHz RAM 4 x 8GB sticks. 

image.thumb.png.bc827943a01836b3f403d707cf8fdf17.png

Ow okay then....

Best price with decent performance = 5600 non X

Best value if you want 8 cores = 5700X

Best gaming performance (reusing your DDR4 RAM) = 5800X3D, but expensive

Best value if upgrading to DDR5 = 7600

Best gaming performance bar none = 7800X3D 

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Personally: I wouldn't bother switching from 1151v2 to AM4, but it does allow you to keep your current memory.

Going to AM5 will give you future CPU upgrades and a 7600 is a nice pairing with your graphics card, but you will require new memory.

If I could afford not to, I wouldn't buy any CPU that isn't a 'proper' Raptor Lake, so I'd rule out the 13400/13400F and unless confirmed otherwise: all the non-K 14th gen CPUs.

If I was going AM4, I don't think it makes sense unless it is cheap and the 5900/5950 are really workstation CPUs, not gaming CPUs.

The 5800X3D is great if you play games that really love the cache, but at this point: I'd rather have the 7600 or 7600X and be on a new platform.

I'd remove the 5500, it isn't worth it, since the performance is a big chunk down on the CPUs with the full cache and PCI-E 4.0.

If you want to save some money on the AMD AM5 build, you can get cheaper boards (either A620, or a different B650) and drop the cooler if you buy the 7600 non-X, since it includes one in the box.