New PC build, Same Old Problem

Go to solution Solved by Agall,
12 minutes ago, RosieDreams said:

Built a new PC as my old one was having a ton of issues likely being the motherboard either due to it's age or a bad PSU I had to RMA. I just built this new PC and everything runs amazing except for the Bluetooth Dongle brought from my old PC. When plugged in the audio in connected earbuds crackles and distorts (even worse if a controller is simultaneously connected) and it even makes my PC occasionally lag/stutter with the mouse lagging and a weird rapid beeping noise. These same issues happened in my old build, so it has to be the adapter, right? Is it possible that connecting this likely faulty dongle damaged my new PC? Is there a better Bluetooth solution for multidevice connection?

New PC Specs:

Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z-690-A

RAM: 32gb DDR5 6000MHz

CPU: i5-12600K

PSU: EVGA 750 GQ, 80+ GOLD

GPU: Zotac 3060 ti lhr

Sounds like the dongle is just faulty, I would suggest getting a PCIe WLAN/bluetooth adapter that you can put in the bottom most slot. The most economical thing is to get it built into the motherboard, but you're already past that point since it doesn't appear that your motherboard has it built in.

Amazon.com: TP-Link WiFi 6 PCIe WiFi Card for Desktop PC AX3000 (Archer TX55E), Bluetooth 5.2, WPA3, 802.11ax Dual Band Wireless Adapter with MU-MIMO, Ultra-Low Latency, Supports Windows 11, 10 (64bit) Only : Electronics

Something like this.

Built a new PC as my old one was having a ton of issues likely being the motherboard either due to it's age or a bad PSU I had to RMA. I just built this new PC and everything runs amazing except for the Bluetooth Dongle brought from my old PC. When plugged in the audio in connected earbuds crackles and distorts (even worse if a controller is simultaneously connected) and it even makes my PC occasionally lag/stutter with the mouse lagging and a weird rapid beeping noise. These same issues happened in my old build, so it has to be the adapter, right? Is it possible that connecting this likely faulty dongle damaged my new PC? Is there a better Bluetooth solution for multidevice connection?

New PC Specs:

12 minutes ago, RosieDreams said:

New PC Specs:

Sounds like the dongle is just faulty, I would suggest getting a PCIe WLAN/bluetooth adapter that you can put in the bottom most slot. The most economical thing is to get it built into the motherboard, but you're already past that point since it doesn't appear that your motherboard has it built in.

Amazon.com: TP-Link WiFi 6 PCIe WiFi Card for Desktop PC AX3000 (Archer TX55E), Bluetooth 5.2, WPA3, 802.11ax Dual Band Wireless Adapter with MU-MIMO, Ultra-Low Latency, Supports Windows 11, 10 (64bit) Only : Electronics

Something like this.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

Try updating drivers. First thing I would try is plugging Bluetooth Dongle into different USB port. Making sure there is nothing physically blocking signal between dongle and bluetooth device.

And obviously if you have a ton of bluetooth devices there is gonna be interference.

3 minutes ago, Agall said:

Something like this.

Yeah, I was initially going for one with it built in, but this one had everything else I needed and more otherwise and I found it at a really good price at Microcenter (also helps that it aesthetically fits my case perfectly.) I foolishly thought the dongle would be okay, but I'll definitely check that PCIe option out. No chance I actually hurt anything plugging in that dongle then?

2 minutes ago, RageTester said:

Try updating drivers. First thing I would try is plugging Bluetooth Dongle into different USB port. Making sure there is nothing physically blocking signal between dongle and bluetooth device.

And obviously if you have a ton of bluetooth devices there is gonna be interference.

I did give that a go with no better results sadly. Tried the usb at the back of my MoBo and the one at the front on the case. Same issue. I also found that Windows couldn't find the newest driver for it so I manually downloaded and installed it from the manufacture's website and still same issues (actually a little worse as the new driver desynced the voulme of my earbuds with the volume of the PC.) As far as devices I only ever have my Earbuds and 8BitDo connected.