Remote desktop connection Steam problem

Go to solution Solved by Avocado Diaboli,

You could look into using Aster to basically run two Windows instances simultaneously on your PC and then use something like Parsec for him to remote into that Windows instance.

So me and one of my room mates have been playing diablo 4 a lot lately but we want to play together the problem is his pc does not have a good enough gpu to run the game so his only option is to play the game on my pc

So I had a good Idea

I would create his own user account on my computer and purchase his own copy of diablo 4 on his steam account completely separate from mine and he could just remote desktop to his user account on my computer and run the game my hardware should run 2 instances fine using medium settings. 

So I fire up my steam and diablo 4 and he remote desktops from his pc to his user account on my pc loads up steam and.......... I get a prompt on my steam as soon as he launches his that mine is closing. So scratch that idea. 

So next i try doing a virtual machine with virtual box but the max vram it will let me set for it is 256mb and thats not good enough for diablo 4. The only option we have is using a service called boosteroid but it is very buggy and limited. We are going to build him a gaming pc in the future but for now is there anyway to get it working at all with remote desktop connection or a virtual machine?

Lian LI 215 CASE

MSI Micro ATX MOTHERBOARD

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12500T   2.00 GHz

AMD RX 6600 GPU

32 GB OF  DDR4 RAM

6 minutes ago, CrystalDawnFog said:

So I had a good Idea

I wouldnt even call this an idea. RDP doesnt work for gaming. Windows also doesnt do multi-users at same time very well (infact it wouldnt even allow two users at once, be it one rdp and one local user). VirtualBox doesnt offer any sort of 3d acceleration or VGPU solution, so that is also not even going to work.

None of those things you listed will work.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

You could look into using Aster to basically run two Windows instances simultaneously on your PC and then use something like Parsec for him to remote into that Windows instance.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

• 1 month later...
On 1/27/2024 at 10:08 AM, Avocado Diaboli said:

Thank you this worked very easily and flawlessly. Didnt even need parsec just let him use a display port on my gpu and some usb ports

Lian LI 215 CASE

MSI Micro ATX MOTHERBOARD

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12500T   2.00 GHz

AMD RX 6600 GPU

32 GB OF  DDR4 RAM