GAMES KEEPS CRASHING RANDOMLY

dekrypte

so i recently bought a new cpu i went from a ryzen 7 2700x to a ryzen 7 5800x3d and i had a lot of trouble because i forgot to update the bios before hand but now he pc boots but now when i play game mainly palword sea of thieve escape from tarcov and rainbow six sciege and some time beam ng but it look like it stoped crashing in beam ng i curently have in my pc rn a ryzen 7 5800x3d a rtx 3070 32gb ram and a 850watt power supply

I tried a lot of thing to fix it
reinstalled new or older driver x2
reinstalled windows reinstalling the game
changing gpu 3x with a gt 1030 and 1060 and my 3070 (when i put a different card then my 3070 pc wont connect to the internet or and the screen is just weird)
i looked for new windows update and there none

any info or help is greatly appreciated

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly what motherboard and RAM sticks do you have ?

Have you properly connected all power cables from the PSU to the GPU ? Do not use a Y-splitter cable, use full separate cables for this.

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the new CPU ? And also the RAM sticks ?

Sometimes just reinstalling the CPU and RAM fixes that sort of issue. Also check you didn't throw thermal paste on some pins by accident.

If that didn't help, reset BIOS configuration with "load optimized defaults" or "load defaults" + "save and restart".

Then, try re-flashing the BIOS and reboot.

Do not enable XMP/DOCP just yet, just use your computer as you would but with default BIOS settings.

If you have to select the correct boot drive, by all means do so, but don't touch any other settings.

Then, if possible, try running y-cruncher overnight and see if it passes even after running for over 10 hours.

The default y-cruncher configuration should be fine (use the stress-test mode).

You can grab the tool here : http://www.numberworld.org/y-cruncher/#Download

If running y-cruncher fails, there's a 99% chance you have a hardware problem.

If it succeeds, go back to the BIOS and enable XMP/DOCP, save and restart.

Run y-cruncher again for 10 hours. If it fails, you know it's a RAM issue and you might need to either change the RAM or the motherboard.