monitor or bluetooth headphones?

Dream Driver 47

i’m having trouble deciding what i should get, my current monitor is a acer 24 inch 165hz tn and i’m looking at replacing it with a 240hz monitor but currently the only one i can afford is a va one from aoc, for the bluetooth headphones what i currently have is the jabra elite 7 pro and i’m looking at getting the sennheiser accentum cause i’m getting sick just having earbuds to use and want fuller audio but right now i can’t decide which one to get, i would consider saving up to get something better then either but i’m bad with saving and would probably spend it all on something else so i’m wanting to get a second opinion about this, the main reason i want a new monitor is because 1 my current one has one stuck pixel that it’s had pretty much since i got it but i didn’t notice it till i was out of the warranty period and i’ve got pretty much my dream setup besides the monitor so i don’t know if i should or not since my current one isn’t too bad for what it is, any help deciding would be appreciated a lot 

another option for me could be to save to get some good speakers with a sub as i’m wanting a upgrade from my edifier s880db but the best upgrade i see is about 400 aud more then i currently have and i don’t know if i’ll be able to save up for that 

Get a second job to save up. That way you can afford excellent stuff and don't have time to fret about it  

I personally would emphasize the monitor and suck up the sound quality till I can afford better. But really, only you can decide.

IMHO, don't settle for buying both of medicine quality. If you only can afford one excellent one, only buy one good instead of 3 compromises. This all assuming you spend lot of time at the computer.

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

27 minutes ago, Lurking said:

Get a second job to save up. That way you can afford excellent stuff and don't have time to fret about it  

I personally would emphasize the monitor and suck up the sound quality till I can afford better. But really, only you can decide.

IMHO, don't settle for buying both of medicine quality. If you only can afford one excellent one, only buy one good instead of 3 compromises. This all assuming you spend lot of time at the computer.

i’ll consider getting a job to help pay for everything i want cause currently i don’t have one (i’m 16 and too lazy to have a job just yet) and i’ll have another look at the monitor cause my current one is kinda bad with the non adjustable stand and the stuck pixel so i’ll probably go with that and get the headphones when i have the money to

Personally I would replace the headphones first. The monitor is 165hz which is going to be great for gaming for now (though i feel wanting to ditch the TN panel) and honestly just having good headphones makes such a difference. 

3 hours ago, Dream Driver 47 said:

i’ll consider getting a job to help pay for everything i want cause currently i don’t have one (i’m 16 and too lazy to have a job just yet) and i’ll have another look at the monitor cause my current one is kinda bad with the non adjustable stand and the stuck pixel so i’ll probably go with that and get the headphones when i have the money to

Able-bodied people should get a job before exploring other avenues (like begging relatives or welfare).

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

13 hours ago, DripplessNewt said:

Personally I would replace the headphones first. The monitor is 165hz which is going to be great for gaming for now (though i feel wanting to ditch the TN panel) and honestly just having good headphones makes such a difference. 

i dont use the earbuds for gaming, i have a logitech g pro x wireless headset and it works great for me and i dont think ill be upgrading it for a while (also cause if i wanted to id have to spend like 500 aud and i dont have that), tho today i did just get another 100 aud from my grandma for helping her with some things around her house so now i am considering getting the bose 700 headphones or i could get the viewsonic ips 240hz which i can afford now but now i need a second opinion about these options

I would look and see if you can find a nice middle ground. Maybe sell your monitor and buy something that isnt top of the line but still great and use the left over on headphones, or if you can save till whenever you get money next to do the same thing. 

As for the bose 700s: I would look into the Sony WHXM1000-4 as well. The two can be found very close in price (especially on sales) and the difference is really down to the type of listener you are. I have the Sony's and I love them. Sound great, cancel out noise fantasticly (with music playing at about 70% volume the sound of a lawnmower is gone). I havent used the bose's but a lot of people have a lot of good things to say. Honestly if you go the headphone route you could just wait and see which one goes on sale first. 

2 hours ago, DripplessNewt said:

I would look and see if you can find a nice middle ground. Maybe sell your monitor and buy something that isnt top of the line but still great and use the left over on headphones, or if you can save till whenever you get money next to do the same thing. 

As for the bose 700s: I would look into the Sony WHXM1000-4 as well. The two can be found very close in price (especially on sales) and the difference is really down to the type of listener you are. I have the Sony's and I love them. Sound great, cancel out noise fantasticly (with music playing at about 70% volume the sound of a lawnmower is gone). I havent used the bose's but a lot of people have a lot of good things to say. Honestly if you go the headphone route you could just wait and see which one goes on sale first. 

i looked at the xm4s and they did look good but i thought the bass might of been a bit much so i might go with the bose 700 as i got to try out my uncles pair and they sounded great and felt good, i think either one would be good for me but at least right now i might be leaning more towards the bose

i also saw that the sennheiser accentum plus is coming out soon so i might wait till reviews for those come out and decide after that