Broken smd or filter on back side of motherboard

Hello. Today i build my new bulid and when i put my motherboard in case i broke of some smd or filter on back side of motherboard. For now board and other components work fine. I will show some pictures and if someone know what it is and why please wrote. Thanks. 

x670e-hero-storage-appearance1a.png

20240125_203811.jpg

Edited by Matty91

I'm sorry, what's broken? The red circle is way to zoomed out. Can you be any more clear with what is going on?

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

25 minutes ago, Matty91 said:

Today i build my new bulid and when i put my motherboard in case i broke of some smd or filter on back side of motherboard.

Which ones?

There are plenty of filtering capacitors on motherboards that are redundant, more there to take into account for capacitor degradation over time. Odds are that's what these are there for, so them not being in place is not unheard of.

Plus, there are a lot of times that filtering capacitors are deemed unnecessary in production and therefore the pads are left empty. If you looked at the back of that board and saw a few pads unpopulated but didn't see a capacitor fall off, there's a good chance there was never one there in the first place. 

4 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I'm sorry, what's broken? The red circle is way to zoomed out. Can you be any more clear with what is going on?

I didnt check on my first picture.. Im sending you what is broken. 

20240125_203811.jpg

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Which ones?

There are plenty of filtering capacitors on motherboards that are redundant, more there to take into account for capacitor degradation over time. Odds are that's what these are there for, so them not being in place is not unheard of.

Plus, there are a lot of times that filtering capacitors are deemed unnecessary in production and therefore the pads are left empty. If you looked at the back of that board and saw a few pads unpopulated but didn't see a capacitor fall off, there's a good chance there was never one there in the first place. 

This one. My bad, didnt check on first picture. 

20240125_203811.jpg

3 minutes ago, Matty91 said:

I didnt check on my first picture.. Im sending you what is broken. 

Ahh, yeah if there are supposed to be filtering capacitors there and there isn't I do see the scratches on the board, if it's still working just fine idle and at load I'd say you're probably ok and they were redundant. If you don't want to risk future problems you could always return the board, if it's a new build and was recently purchased. That's up to you though. If it's working under heavy loads just fine for extended amounts of time I'd say it's fine.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Just now, SpookyCitrus said:

Ahh, yeah if there are supposed to be filtering capacitors there and there isn't I do see the scratches on the board, if it's still working just fine idle and at load I'd say you're probably ok and they were redundant. If you don't want to risk future problems you could always return the board, if it's a new build and was recently purchased. That's up to you though. If it's working under heavy loads just fine for extended amounts of time I'd say it's fine.

Yes i f... up when i place board in case wich have pin to lid in the holes... Rokie mistake. But yes i stress test pc for few hours and it works fine for now