Another WIndows Laptop w/ Sleep Battery Drain

SenatorBiscuit

Hey guys.

I know there are tons of threads out there on this. Honestly I just want to make sure I don't have something else going on. If it is the typical issue, it is what it is. I'll mitigate with hibernate.

(Also off topic, but the only place I could find lid closing settings was in control panel? Yikes...)

Anyways, I'm on a Surface Laptop 4, with the Ryzen 5 on updated Win11.

As per most other people with the issue, sometimes when I pull the laptop out of a bag after taking it somewhere, or just leaving it home, it's gone from 100% to maybe 15% in about 8-10 hours.

In both cases, it was plugged in overnight, then unplugged without being opened, and then opened about 10ish hours later.

I pulled a sleep study report finally and saw that it seems to wake up for 30 seconds, then sleep for 34 seconds, and it rinses and repeats continuously until dead.

I attached the two most recent sleep study reports I pulled on it, both show the same thing. WIn11 settings shows it as the Windows Default Lockscreen, but the report shows [NONE] which I thought was a pretty nice feature.

Thoughts on this?

image.thumb.png.f2ec1426e6ff99c64b9fffb849bf0a75.png

sleepstudy-report-1-19.html sleepstudy-report-1-24.html

Sleep consumes power still. But Hibernation does not. Of course shutting down the PC, and just rebooting it also works/helps.

But it seems that maybe your laptop is turning on due to something either not locking down correctly or for some odd X reason.

A quick google search shows this being a problem possibly for surfaces and the only way to mitigate it is just utilizing hibernation mode instead.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

20 hours ago, SImoHayha said:

Sleep consumes power still. But Hibernation does not. Of course shutting down the PC, and just rebooting it also works/helps.

But it seems that maybe your laptop is turning on due to something either not locking down correctly or for some odd X reason.

A quick google search shows this being a problem possibly for surfaces and the only way to mitigate it is just utilizing hibernation mode instead.

Yeah has been my consensus as well.

From the logs it looks like it was waking for who knows what reason, but I think it is what it is.

For some reason I didn't find much for sleep study information, other than people asking what [NONE] could be for an application ID.