Power extension cord w/ remote switch

Lurking

I want to have a switchable power cord to turn off all power to my PC and monitors.Swtich should be on the desk (at the back, between the monitors for easy reach) and the actual receptacles under or behind the desk out of sight. 

currently i use this. but the disadvantage is, the cables move it around since it isn't "glued" or affixed with a clamp (it is just a weaker spring mechanism. it also limits that the cables need to be by the switch. 

i found some like this and this. But they have thin wires (#16 only) and don't have a good way to mount the switch (i don't want to drill a hole in my desk or rely on adhesive). some screwable clamp would be nice. the cable should be #14 or larger and the cord doesn't need to be more than 2-3 feet. Black switch would be preferred to go with my other equipment colors. 

Is there something nice? 

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

I use a standard 6 plug power strip to switch everything on and off for my setup. It's wedged into the corner of my desk so it can't move yet so the switch is easily reachable.

You could do the same with what you have if you get creative I'm sure, if you'd rather not I know some power strips have wireless remote switches that go anywhere nearby.

Listens to WAN show while doing dishes. 😊 Living in 2024 with a tech attitude stuck in 2010.

1 hour ago, C2dan88 said:

Smart plug? Thats what I use to turn off power to pc and tv.

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Tapo-Supported-P125M-3-Pack/dp/B0BXMNJDW3/ref=sr_1_4

I just want a physical switch, not something with an app. All this IoT stuff is e-waste in 3 years 🙂 

i mean, the switch will literally be 1-2 feet from the plugs and the user will only ever need to use it when being at the desk. there is zero need to do dot ht with an app or so. 

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

W11 Pro

my first question is why
Second question is, why not just turn off everything normally
and my answer is you can buy inline power switchs, that while kinda awkward, might work?

18 minutes ago, BrandonLatzig said:

my first question is why
Second question is, why not just turn off everything normally
and my answer is you can buy inline power switchs, that while kinda awkward, might work?

What do you mean by turning off normally? 

The switch should be on the desk and reachable. At the back of the desk, by by the monitor or so. 

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

W11 Pro

14 minutes ago, Lurking said:

What do you mean by turning off normally? 

turning off your monitors and computers by powering them down.

You could probably replace the float on a sump pump switch with a regular light switch in a box.

Remote control Christmas light switches would work, but you'd need to replace a CR2032 every once in a while.

How about one of those power strips that automatically turns most of its ports on and off depending on the load it detects on a "master" port?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.