Can this keyboard be opened or fixed? Microsoft 5KV-00005

Mischievous

Hello, anyone know if this keyboard ca be at all repaired? Microsoft 5KV-00005

I was forced to buy it when my wrist pain made it impossible to type o a square keyboard anymore ad this seemed to be the only curvy keyboard i existence back the.

it's been a year since I got it, and the n key has stopped working entirely for no reason, and there doesn't seem to be any way to remove the keycap, or eve ope the keyboard, I tried, removed all the screws, poped all the plastic hinge things, but there's something holding it together like glue or something.

I also tried blowing compressed air between the keys, see if that works, but nothing. the n key presses down smoothly I don't feel anything i the way.

And the little numpad that comes with this keyboard isn't the issue either, it stopped working 4 moths ago, but I didn't really bother to try fixing it, changing the battery didn't do it so I gave up 😄

I knew I'll have to throw this keyboard away the moment some minor thing goes wrong, it's a microsoft keyboard after all, I expected this to be tamper proof to hell and back, but if i am going to be throwing it out anyway, might as well completely wreck it i my attempt to fix it right?

Also sorry for my awful spelling, spell check ca only go so far when I am entirely missing every n letter. The only way for me to spell it now is by copy pasting it from somewhere or use the accessibility onscreen keyboard.

37 minutes ago, Mischievous said:

but there's something holding it together like glue or something.

Probably a hidden screw?

38 minutes ago, Mischievous said:

ad this seemed to be the only curvy keyboard i existence back the.

There are quite a few AFAIK, but yeah, Microsoft makes a lot of them.

39 minutes ago, Mischievous said:

I knew I'll have to throw this keyboard away the moment some minor thing goes wrong, it's a microsoft keyboard after all, I expected this to be tamper proof to hell and back, but if i am going to be throwing it out anyway, might as well completely wreck it i my attempt to fix it right?

Why not RMA it? Probably not worth it, but might as well get a brand new one instead of just having e-waste

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?

1 minute ago, Bismut said:

Probably a hidden screw?

There are quite a few AFAIK, but yeah, Microsoft makes a lot of them.

Why not RMA it? Probably not worth it, but might as well get a brand new one instead of just having e-waste

You know I completely forgot that RMA exists 😄 guess I'll try to do that thanks