Help Choosing Hardware

Someone has a desktop with this hardware listed for 275 online is this a good deal?

AMD 2700X

ASRock B450 Pro4

8gb RAM Radeon

RX 5700 XT

165hz LG Ultragear Monitor(exact model unspecified)

I thought this was a pretty good deal but am unsure. I currently have a Blade 15 with a GTX 1660ti and a 10th gen i7. Thought this might be a good deal to keep the parts I need and sell the ones I don’t need and upgrade. What do you guys think? Should I buy or look elsewhere for newer parts?

Hey that's not bad 275$ for all of it? Are you serious? That's a STEAL A STEAL you better yoink that deal real quick.

You get an RX 5700 XT which is a 2070/2060 equivalent 

You can sell the CPU and MOBO separately or together usually separated = more dough I'd say 60$ for each = 120$ easy money
toss the RAM onto the MOBO for free since RAM is hard to sell independently

ALWAYS MAKE SURE BUYER PAYS SHIPPING you save/get more money that way

And you could just sell the 165 monitor as well for more dough well not sure what brand it is but at least 200$+ or more you could get way with selling it for 200$ flat if you wish. So you just made your money back maybe not a big profit but you made money back

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Thank you this is the insight I was looking for. I am not really familiar with AMD parts so this helps put things into perspective.

34 minutes ago, SImoHayha said:

Hey that's not bad 275$ for all of it? Are you serious? That's a STEAL A STEAL you better yoink that deal real quick.

You get an RX 5700 XT which is a 2070/2060 equivalent 

You can sell the CPU and MOBO separately or together usually separated = more dough I'd say 60$ for each = 120$ easy money
toss the RAM onto the MOBO for free since RAM is hard to sell independently

ALWAYS MAKE SURE BUYER PAYS SHIPPING you save/get more money that way

And you could just sell the 165 monitor as well for more dough well not sure what brand it is but at least 200$+ or more you could get way with selling it for 200$ flat if you wish. So you just made your money back maybe not a big profit but you made money back

I am confused why anyone would sell a system for that cheap. I would be suspicious if a deal looks too good to be true honestly.

51 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

I am confused why anyone would sell a system for that cheap. I would be suspicious if a deal looks too good to be true honestly.

you'd never know, sometimes it might be a family selling random gear they have zero knowledge of, perhaps a punishment or maybe just selling to get rid of it all in one go.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

On 1/10/2024 at 8:52 PM, SImoHayha said:

you'd never know, sometimes it might be a family selling random gear they have zero knowledge of, perhaps a punishment or maybe just selling to get rid of it all in one go.

So I am going in person to buy it tomorrow. Is there any specific thing I should look out for? I was thinking about running a user benchmark test just to see if the parts are running similarly compared to the same hardware elsewhere. I know a lot of people say user benchmark is biased but will it be fine for my purposes? I would download 3DMark but that takes a little while to download and I don't want to spend 15 minutes just to setup benchmarking.

1 hour ago, hassam1957 said:

Is there any specific thing I should look out for?

for your own safety don't go at night or at somewhere like an alleyway. Maybe try and meet in a public place

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)