NAS + Game Server Help

Building my first NAS with a i5-8600, 32gbs of ddr4 and 3 2tbs of hdd. What should I use to setup my NAS as a noobie? TrueNAS, FreeNAS etc. I am going to be using docker to use pterodactyl to setup the game-servers (Minecraft and Terraria).

5 minutes ago, BeefSupreme said:

TrueNAS Core (which is the same as FreeNAS)

Scale's easier to add applications to since it's Debian instead of BSD. It supports Docker, and TrueCharts has pre-packaged containers.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

5 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Scale's easier to add applications to since it's Debian instead of BSD. It supports Docker, and TrueCharts has pre-packaged containers.

Yes, I suppose if he's going the Docker route than Scale would probably be better for his use-case.

1 hour ago, BeefSupreme said:

Yes, I suppose if he's going the Docker route than Scale would probably be better for his use-case.

I’ll check it out!

Be aware that TrueNAS Scale has dropped Docker from its stock image since version 23.10.1, although it can be found and installed manually through apt, with apt itself intentionally blocked access from SSH and requiring chmod. Therefore, newer versions of Scale would become tricky to set up Docker for newbies, and older versions with Docker bundled would be preferred.🫠