WAN show discussion: Linus' parenting concerns

I'm not sure if this post should be here, or what to title it so sorry if this is kinda weird. I just thought of this idea while watching last night's WAN show and figured I might as well put it out there for people to to discuss and maybe Linus to consider.

Regardless, during last night's WAN show Linus was talking about his concerns with his children not understanding what it's like not being "rich" and that they don't value money, and wanting to do something about it. Well, while Linus and Luke talking about what their childhoods were like being relatively poor, and how they had allowances and had to save up for things, I realize that Linus kind of does something similar with his kids. He's mentioned before how they have to "pay" for like playing games on the computer and other stuff, it's just that he has them "pay" with time doing other stuff that he wants them to do. So I had the idea that instead he could actually give them money, probably some kind of fake money, for doing this stuff he wants them to do, and then have them actually pay with that money to do things like, playing games on the computer, use the 3D printer, or whatever else. This fake money could then be used as a stand in for real currency so they can "purchase" things with it by telling Linus what they want and handing over the appropriate amount.

I have no clue if this is a good idea but I think it's at least interesting to think about.