Weekly Sponsor Concerns Update - Jan 05, 2024

Hey all! Happy new year. We’re back at it with a couple long awaited follow ups.

ASUS
I know you have all been waiting for more information regarding the influx of ASUS complaints we’ve seen over the past half year or so. When we last posted an update a few of us had a sit down with our ASUS contact and laid down both short term and long term goals and expectations. Internally, we had a date in mind of when we expected them to hit those short term goals. We are not going to hit that date. While many of you may be happy to hear that we are not renewing with ASUS for 2024, in the end we are a bit disappointed that they have made no progress towards those short term goals. 

There are a couple of additional things I wanted to note, just to offer some transparency. The members of our business team have different relationships with different brands and partners. And ASUS was a long standing one. We truly believed that the contact we have spoken with wanted to facilitate the changes within ASUS. But the problems were so deeply rooted and systemic that we don’t see a timeline where the smaller fixes end up being addressed anytime soon. We really did want to give our contacts the benefit of the doubt, but in the end we have sadly just been left with doubt.

That being said, there are some projects that you may see that are rollovers from last year that we still need to get out in the near future. But after that, we have no plans for 2024. That doesn’t mean the door is closed forever. We do want to keep talking with them, keep monitoring them to see if they take any strides to fixing the issues, especially in their customer support department. 

We also just want to make a quick note that this is on a sponsorship end. I can’t speak if non-sponsored coverage will pop up at some point. Or if one of their GPUs will end up in a build we do on stream. But we will not be taking money or product from them in exchange for anything we produce until we see follow through on improving their products and customer support.

Secretlab
I also wanted to follow up regarding Secretlab because we did see an additional post regarding a customer support rep using some…questionable language. When we last did an update for Secretlab we had expressed that we expected better from them. At that point in time, internally, we had pretty much come to the agreement that we wouldn’t be working with Secretlab until we see much needed improvements.

We appreciate everyone for sharing their experiences with us. While we can’t rectify every problem you may face with a brand, it does help shine a light on larger issues when we talk with our partners. And we like to try different avenues to see if we have any luck. One of which can be putting you in touch with reps from different brands. Again, we ask that you’re respectful to those contacts, to each other, and to LMG staff and moderators as well. 

Thanks again.

Edited by SansVarnic
Corrected date.