Oooyey

Hey guy my pc built is

ryzen5 5600 

Asus prime b550m-k 

Asus dual rtx 3060 oc

2x 8 hp v6 3200mhz ram

4 rgb fans 

No hdd

My current psu is fsp hyper 80+ pro 650w and i have been using it for over a year, but it has been making some random buzzing noises. I am sure the noise is not from the psu fan because even after i shut down the pc (plug still in) i still hear the noise even after the fan stops spinning. The noise sounds like electrical buzz comes and goes on its own. It comes randomly for unknown reason and only goes away when i shut down the pc and unplug it from the wall and then returning it on. Its not like coil whine nosie because my gpu makes coil whine noises and its significantly different from what my psu makes and i can smell plastic smell when i stick my nose to the psu. I am planning to buy a new one what would you recommend me out of these unite, which one would be the best for my built

1- evga Supernova g2 650w 220-G2-0650-Y2

2- gigabyte ud750g 

3- cooler master mwe 650 v2 650w gold

EVGA SuperNova G2 650W would be the best amongst these lists

Gigabyte UD and Cooler Master MWE is good, but EVGA has better quality component and if you have the budget, go for it

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

And Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-45 for mobility

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

2 hours ago, ImWilly said:

EVGA SuperNova G2 650W would be the best amongst these lists

Gigabyte UD and Cooler Master MWE is good, but EVGA has better quality component and if you have the budget, go for it

Thats my opinion too but on evga website there is no mention for over temperature protection should i go for it anyway?

33 minutes ago, Oooyey said:

Thats my opinion too but on evga website there is no mention for over temperature protection should i go for it anyway?

Most PSU has OTP, it's just the setting level

If it's too low, then it will easily trigger auto shutdown to protect PC components

If it's set too high, . . . well we know the story of Gigabyte PSU

Besides, your system is not that power hungry, (Ryzen 5600 +RTX 3060) so chances of maxing out the temps are low, unless you're in the middle of the desert and no wind to cool down your rig

My System: Ryzen 7800X3D // Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX // 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 Silicon Power Zenith CL30 // Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT OC with mod heatsink on the metal plate  // Phanteks P300A  // Gigabyte Aorus GEN4 7300 PCIE 4.0 NVME // Kingston NV2 Gen4 PCIE 4.0 NVME // 

Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fully Modular // Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 Black V3 // Phanteks M25 140mm // Display: Bezel 32MD845 V2 QHD // Keychron K8 Pro (Mod: Gateron black box ink; Tape mode on PCB and Keycaps) // Razer Cobra Wired Mouse // Audio Technica M50X Headphone // Sennheiser HD 650 // Genius SP-HF180 USB Speaker //

Phone:

iPhone 11 (with battery replaced instead of buying new phone for long term and not submitting (fully) to Apple Lord

Supernova G2 is a decent unit but it's EOL for about 5 years so it's sitting on the shelf for a very long time. Is this new in an original sealed box?

The OEM of the Gigabyte is not very reliable.

The Cooler Master is decent too. What's the price of the EVGA and Cooler Master?

10 hours ago, ImWilly said:

unless you're in the middle of the desert and no wind to cool down your rig

Yes i live in the middle of a desert lol i live in egypt

7 hours ago, --SID-- said:

Supernova G2 is a decent unit but it's EOL for about 5 years so it's sitting on the shelf for a very long time. Is this new in an original sealed box?

The OEM of the Gigabyte is not very reliable.

The Cooler Master is decent too. What's the price of the EVGA and Cooler Master?

Yes new in an original sealed box 

Cooler master costs 3200egp and super nova costs 3400egp

Surprisingly the Gigabyte unit is the most expensive costs 4200egp lol

I wish I could buy xpg core reactor but it is  out of stock in every store

1 hour ago, Oooyey said:

Yes i live in the middle of a desert lol i live in egypt

Shoot . . . . me and my big mouth (irony intensified)

I stumbled upon on this article and it confirms that EVGA SuperNova G2 doesn't have OTP feature

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/evga-supernova-g2-650/2.html

Although Gigabyte UD and Cooler Master MWE does has OTP feature, the operating temperature spans around 0-40C, while EVGA SuperNova IS 0-50C which makes it more capable in heaty environment

In my opinion, if OTP is a must have, you may consider a bit higher end of PSU but still affordable, such as Corsair RMe or RM line up

Phone:

Is seasonic ssr-750fx  good? Is it better than the rest?

2 hours ago, Oooyey said:

Is seasonic ssr-750fx  good? Is it better than the rest?

40 degree rating is bad for a want to be high-end PSU. Between 40 and 50 degrees it's a 600w PSU. So no, it's not better than the rest.

Deepcool PX-G or MSI MPG A-G available? FSP Hydro G Pro maybe?

2 hours ago, --SID-- said:

40 degree rating is bad for a want to be high-end PSU. Between 40 and 50 degrees it's a 600w PSU. So no, it's not better than the rest.

Deepcool PX-G or MSI MPG A-G available? FSP Hydro G Pro maybe?

Alright thx for your reply. Deepcool PX-G isn't available, msi mpg a-g isn't available either and fsp hydro g pro only 1000w capacity is available and it costs 9500+egp. I found rog strix 550w for a decent price is it ok?