Dependencies, kubernetes general question

Marcii

Ive absolutely known nothing about these deployment stuff, and Ive watched a crash course about kubernetes. Ive noticed they said that these deployments are esentially there, to make sure every end user has the dependency to run the program (or set up development environments).

There is kind of one thing that stuck with me, dont compiled languages include all the dependencies? Like I get that sometimes when you want to put an image into a ui, you would want to "bring" that file with you so that it will work fine for other people, but you can include images, or for that matter every kind of file in a binary, then why does kubernetes and stuff related to this even exist?

I appreciate every reply, because beyond this crash course i dont really have any experience with deploying apps.

Marci

4 minutes ago, Marcii said:

dont compiled languages include all the dependencies

Compilation != Deployment. You can compile your web application but compiled files dont mean they include a webserver. You seem to be confusing a lot of things here.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I am honestly confused at what your talking about. Kubernetes is essentially a orchestrator for container images which are also commonly used with Docker and Podman.

When you create a Deployment or StatefulSet you define how pods should be deployed and managed.

Container mages themselves usually contain the binary you intend to run along with all of its dependencies. These images could however rely on other deployed images/pods to carry out tasks.

8 minutes ago, Levent said:

Compilation != Deployment. You can compile your web application but compiled files dont mean they include a webserver. You seem to be confusing a lot of things here.

I feel like i need to start from the very bottom of this whole topic 😅

Marci