Packet loss issue on new rev 1.3 B650 Motherboard

jbittick

Issue:
I am having a fairly severe packet loss issues with my new pc build. I seem to also have these issues with a USB WIFI adapter I have as well. Note, I have tested another desktop pc in the same location with the same USB WIFI adapter and experience no packet loss issues. The network itself does not appear to be the cause of the issue as all other pcs on the network function with 0 recordable packet loss, while this PC is continuously at around 20% loss.

Things I have Tried:
At this point in time I have tried updating drivers from manufactures website:
B650 GAMING X AX (rev. 1.3) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global
I updated everything with Gigabytes control center application, as well as I manually updated the LAN and WLAN/Bluetooth drivers as well. 

I have performed a series of packet loss tests on Packet Loss Test – Test Your Connection Quality to try to get a benchmark of how bad it actually is, the results hover from ~15%-25% packet loss.

I did some googling and found a few reddit threats suggesting a possible fix to similar issues being installing 3rd party drivers for the Realtek module and I attempted that, but it did not fix the issue so I reverted to the officials drivers. (I full reboot between each install just to be sure).

Specs:
Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX Rev 1.3 
AMD Ryzen 9 7600X
NVIDIA RTX4060ti 16GB ASUS PROART
32GB TFORCE DDR5
ASUS ROG STRIG 360 AIO
2TB WD Black M.2 Nvme
Windows 10 Pro

Anyone have any ides how to fix this?

image.png

• 4 weeks later...

Did you ever solve this issue? I have the same issue with an ASRock B650 motherboard. The other pieces of my setup is quite close to yours. 

All good with my WIFI on Macbook Air in the same location, but the PC get frequently packet loss. My router is quite old, so I'll try to upgrade it within short. But given that I don't get any packet loss on any of my Macbook's, I've come to the conclusion that this is related to my motherboards internal WIFI card. I've updated all drivers to the latest, so that's done already. 

Any suggestions? Ideas?