Logitech Z313

hxxmor

Hi guys, i have a problem right here, i have this Z313 Speaker and Subwoofer combo and the remote attached to the subwoofer (which the speakers are plugged into} doesn't work. So i wanted to use only the speakers in the mean time (i was searching for a repair shop). If i plug my speakers into the laptop the speakers don't work

47 minutes ago, hxxmor said:

Hi guys, i have a problem right here, i have this Z313 Speaker and Subwoofer combo and the remote attached to the subwoofer (which the speakers are plugged into} doesn't work. So i wanted to use only the speakers in the mean time (i was searching for a repair shop). If i plug my speakers into the laptop the speakers don't work

We had these exact speakers. The satellite units don't work without the subwoofer. Rather, they probably need a powered input source, like an amplifier, which the subwoofer unit likely contains. You'll need the subwoofer unit to power the satellite units.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

40 minutes ago, kirashi said:

You'll need the subwoofer unit to power the satellite units.

Yep, this is it. The 3.5mm out of your laptop simply doesn't provide the power needed to drive the speakers. You need to plug into the subwoofer or you could achieve the same thing if you had an amplifier that has a 3.5mm out. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.