Maxwells

Bandooka

Just a quick question for anyone who have owned the Audeze Maxwells long term, i really want to get this headset, but i've seen so many reviews about the drivers failing after only about 4 months, as well as a "tinfoil" noise. Have any of you experienced this too? 

I haven't had any issues, i'd be careful in high temperature + high humidity environment but frankly Maxwell are so good that if you can get them you 100% should, best buy in audio at the moment

If you are paying 400 for a pair o cans might as well get a set of AMAZING headphones AND attach a modmic wireless. It will be better quality AND you won't have a single point of failiure. Also these are reviewed as being good audio but like comparable to a dt770 that got bass boosted (simple dac thats like 40$ with a 90$ pair of dt770's and just turn up the bass a bit immediatly gets you there) but having a lesser sound stage.

So basically very expensive lower quality stuff that isn't proper audio gear but typical gamer stuff quality.

For 400$ you can easily do better

3 hours ago, jaslion said:

If you are paying 400 for a pair o cans might as well get a set of AMAZING headphones AND attach a modmic wireless. It will be better quality AND you won't have a single point of failiure. Also these are reviewed as being good audio but like comparable to a dt770 that got bass boosted (simple dac thats like 40$ with a 90$ pair of dt770's and just turn up the bass a bit immediatly gets you there) but having a lesser sound stage.

So basically very expensive lower quality stuff that isn't proper audio gear but typical gamer stuff quality.

For 400$ you can easily do better

i actually already have a pair of 770 pros, but they make voices sound echoey for me. What other wireless headphones would you reccomend for the same price point or less as the maxwells? Also I do need a pair with a decent microphone on them currently 

4 hours ago, Bandooka said:

i actually already have a pair of 770 pros, but they make voices sound echoey for me. What other wireless headphones would you reccomend for the same price point or less as the maxwells? Also I do need a pair with a decent microphone on them currently 

Maxwell are so far above every closed back headphone up until like 3 times its price that they're the only thing worth recommending, I've tried around one hundred closed backs at this point and Maxwells are comfortably top 5 best sounding on the market.

DT770 are pretty terrible closed headphones tbh muddy bloated bass, hyper piercing treble, lots of reverb in the earcups because Beyerdynamic can't tune their closed backs. For alternative wireless headphones frankly if you want anything to sound as good as Maxwell you're flat out of luck, Sennheiser Momentum 4 are moderately okay, frankly if AKG hadn't discontinued the N700 NCM2 then I'd be recommending them. 

Anyone who tries to recommend anything besides Maxwell in its price range (unless you specifically want ANC) isn't really worth listening to, Maxwell are on top if the closed market for a good reason, if you're worried about reliability fair enough but don't be surprised when whatever you get is mediocre in comparison 

5 hours ago, Cocococo said:

Maxwell are so far above every closed back headphone up until like 3 times its price that they're the only thing worth recommending, I've tried around one hundred closed backs at this point and Maxwells are comfortably top 5 best sounding on the market.

DT770 are pretty terrible closed headphones tbh muddy bloated bass, hyper piercing treble, lots of reverb in the earcups because Beyerdynamic can't tune their closed backs. For alternative wireless headphones frankly if you want anything to sound as good as Maxwell you're flat out of luck, Sennheiser Momentum 4 are moderately okay, frankly if AKG hadn't discontinued the N700 NCM2 then I'd be recommending them. 

Anyone who tries to recommend anything besides Maxwell in its price range (unless you specifically want ANC) isn't really worth listening to, Maxwell are on top if the closed market for a good reason, if you're worried about reliability fair enough but don't be surprised when whatever you get is mediocre in comparison 

yeah, i think my best bet may currently be to get the maxwells and try them out for a couple months

Their warranty covers the drivers for 1 year.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jVSBSQ8r-7zCpmzbwxpxsTZAturmWm09/view

Doesn't seem like an issue if the drivers fail in ~4 months.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

On 12/26/2023 at 4:03 AM, saintlouisbagels said:

Their warranty covers the drivers for 1 year.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jVSBSQ8r-7zCpmzbwxpxsTZAturmWm09/view

Doesn't seem like an issue if the drivers fail in ~4 months.

True, but I don’t really want to be spending a good £340 on something that I need to have replaced every 4 months 

18 minutes ago, Bandooka said:

True, but I don’t really want to be spending a good £340 on something that I need to have replaced every 4 months 

Unless they have a 100% 4-month fail rate, then that's a non-issue.

Happy customers don't leave reviews.

Unhappy customers do.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |