Laptop came with all of those apps, do I need them ?

Saffy

I'm planning on using the build in option in Windows to reset the OS in order to get rid of all the bloat. After reseting the OS will the apps be gone? Are they actually needed ? Some feel important like the touchpad, qualcomm bluetooth and wifi as well as other intel related apps.

bloat.png

resetting windows will reset it to what ever image the OEM loaded onto it, so very likely that everything will stick around after a reset. But to answer your question, no you don't need any of that stuff. i'd recommend downloading a fresh image using the Windows Media creation tool which will just be stock windows. let windows update grab the relevant drivers for everything to work and ignore the rest of that list.

15 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

Interesting, a lot of those look like they came from an end-user. Did you get this laptop new?

Yes, but I've been using it for a bit so I installed VLC, CPUID and other stuff appeared after checking for windows updates

4 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

Ohhhh, I see! Personally, I just use a Windows installer USB to format the entire thing and do a completely clean install, then install the drivers through the OEM's site and Windows Update. That tends to fix any lasting issues left by the previous OS.

I think I'm gonna do the same. How would I go about activating Windows ? I used cmd command to extract the key and its OEM would it cause any issues ?

Most of those look like device driver utilities. You can usually just install the driver, but the utilities they come with usually let you access more features than the stock Microsoft control panels.

If they're relatively small, don't worry about them.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

If you're reinstalling a version of Windows with the same Version, you can legally use the same key. There should be a sticker on the bottom with the key.If not there, in Windows 10 or 11 open a command prompt as an administrator and enter:

"wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey" WITHOUT THE QUOTES and this will return the key and VERY IMPORTANT write it on a separate piece of paper for later as you'll need it.

Or, if you do a factory reset, which will return you to a fresh installation, no key is necessary as it will automatically enter it for you.

Also its a good idea to write down any programs that you use to make reinstallation easier.

But in any case as long as your using the same version you can use the same key.

I’d just download a clean w11 from Microsoft and stick it on a stick and reinstall without bloaters 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD