Whining noise whenever GPU is under load

blonded

I built my PC 4 days ago and this noise has never happened until tonight. A

whining noise from my PC that only occurs when the GPU is under load. The noise instantly stops when GPU load is decreased. I checked the wires and made sure nothing is loose, and the fans are not blocked by anything. Does anyone have any idea what it could be and if it’s a concern?

Specs:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Gj9WBL

14 minutes ago, blonded said:

I built my PC 4 days ago and this noise has never happened until tonight. A

whining noise from my PC that only occurs when the GPU is under load. The noise instantly stops when GPU load is decreased. I checked the wires and made sure nothing is loose, and the fans are not blocked by anything. Does anyone have any idea what it could be and if it’s a concern?

Specs:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Gj9WBL

You are most likely experiencing something called Coilwhine. This is not dangerous or harmful to the GPU, it does not affect the lifespan of the GPU either. Its basically just power going through coils making them vibrate. Its annoying but not dangerous in any way 🙂  
Does it sound something like this?

22 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

You are most likely experiencing something called Coilwhine. This is not dangerous or harmful to the GPU, it does not affect the lifespan of the GPU either. Its basically just power going through coils making them vibrate. Its annoying but not dangerous in any way 🙂  
Does it sound something like this?

Yeah this looks like the problem! I’m glad it’s just an annoyance and not an issue with my PC. The noise quietens down a lot when my FPS is at a reasonable level so I’ll just make sure to limit it when my FPS is too high in a game. Thank you!