Desktop environment

Hi, I just wanted to ask if it were possible to install pre-themed DE's on vannila arch what I mean by that some distros for an example come with there own themed DE but if I wanted to stick to vannila arch how could I install for an example the pre-themed DE for Gardura Linux or maybe the xfce DE from endevrousOS etc.

Thanks in advance 🙂

58 minutes ago, goatedpenguin said:

Hi, I just wanted to ask if it were possible to install pre-themed DE's on vannila arch what I mean by that some distros for an example come with there own themed DE but if I wanted to stick to vannila arch how could I install for an example the pre-themed DE for Gardura Linux or maybe the xfce DE from endevrousOS etc.

Thanks in advance 🙂

KDE and Gnome are the only DE's that I have any experience with, and have little experience using XFCE. Theming is super easy to change and search for on KDE, don't know about any of the others.

That said, if theming is what matters most to you, then you should probably just install Garuda or EndeavourOS. Arch is Arch. Between the two, I like Endeavour more, it being more minimal than Garuda.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

29 minutes ago, Inception9269 said:

KDE and Gnome are the only DE's that I have any experience with, and have little experience using XFCE. Theming is super easy to change and search for on KDE, don't know about any of the others.

That said, if theming is what matters most to you, then you should probably just install Garuda or EndeavourOS. Arch is Arch. Between the two, I like Endeavour more, it being more minimal than Garuda.

I really do like arch and EOS problem is tho that i like my system to be as minimal as possible and that can only achieved with arch since garduda and eos get packaged with a lotta stuff that i dont need. 

On 12/21/2023 at 6:09 PM, goatedpenguin said:

I really do like arch and EOS problem is tho that i like my system to be as minimal as possible and that can only achieved with arch since garduda and eos get packaged with a lotta stuff that i dont need. 

LXQt allows you to completely customize your look with a few very simple adjustments.

It may not be known as the desktop that is the easiest to customize but for a beginner you are going to be able to achieve what you desire in a few minutes.

OS: FreeBSD 13.3  WM: bspwm  Hardware: Intel 12600KF -- Kingston dual-channel CL36 @6200 -- Sapphire RX 7600 -- BIOSTAR B760MZ-E PRO -- Antec P6 -- Xilence XP550 -- ARCTIC i35 -- EVO 850 500GB