[Pipewire] Separate Chromium/Electron-based audio outputs (Mainly Tidal)

Hey guys,

does anyone know how I can put different Chromium/Electron-based application audio sources on different outputs in pipewire? I have a GoXLR and I would like to have for example Tidal on my music device fader and Discord on my system device fader. In pipewire they are both listed as Chromium and when I change one to another output, any node.name = "Chromium" gets assigned that and this is annoying. I tried to change the name on the node with this snippet in `~/.config/wireplumber/main.lua.d/51-tidal-rename.lua`

rule = {
    matches = {
      {
        { "application.process.binary", "equals", "tidal-hifi" },
      },
    },
    apply_properties = {
      ["node.description"] = "TIDAL Hi-Fi",
      ["node.nick"] = "TIDAL Hi-Fi",
    },
}

table.insert(alsa_monitor.rules, rule)

but that did not work.

Spotify didn't had this issue, because it had a proper linux client, but tidal only has the community ported web player wrapped in electron as a flatpak.

I also tried the AppImage and it has the same problem. I can't try the .deb version because it depends on libappindicator3-1 and this causes a lot of other issues:

sudo nala install Downloads/tidal-hifi_5.7.1_amd64.deb
Notice: The following will be installed to satisfy tidal-hifi:
  libappindicator3-1
===================================================================================================================================
 Installing
===================================================================================================================================
  Package:                                   Version:                                                                       Size:
  tidal-hifi                                 5.7.1                                                                         266 KB
  libappindicator3-1                         12.10.1+20.10.20200706.1-0ubuntu1                                              23 KB

Auto-Removing
  Package:                                   Version:                                                                       Size:
  libayatana-ido3-0.4-0                      0.9.3-1                                                                       189 KB
  libayatana-indicator3-7                    0.9.3-1                                                                       115 KB
  python3-pyudev                             0.24.0-1                                                                      199 KB
  python3-xlib                               0.33-2                                                                        737 KB

Removing
  gir1.2-ayatanaappindicator3-0.1            0.5.92-1.2                                                                     32 KB
  libayatana-appindicator3-1                 0.5.92-1.2                                                                     89 KB
  solaar                                     1.1.9+dfsg-1                                                                  1.6 MB
  spotify-client                             1:1.2.26.1187.g36b715a1                                                     290.8 MB

Summary
 Install     2 Packages
 Auto-Remove 4 Packages
 Remove      4 Packages

Total download size     23 KB
 Disk space to free   293.7 MB

Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.

Any solution that forces tidal to another output/separates it from the rest would be much appreciated.

Have you tried Helvum? It's all GUI and you can do pretty much anything with input/outputs with it.

Asus Zephurs Duo 2023:

CPU: 7945HX

GPU: 4090M

Have you tried Helvum?

I have tried it now and it has the same problem as qpwgraph, that when I pause after a few seconds the stream gets unregistered and it vanishes from the sources. When I start playing again it is back to the system output.

PS: I played a bit more with qpwgraph and I connected tidal only to the Music playback, but when I stop, wait, and then start any Chromium Stream it runs on both the Music channel and the System Channel

Before pausing vivaldi and tidal:
image.thumb.png.14c4749e824d63ed7fd46f8651686795.png

After I started playback in vivaldi and tidal is stopped:
image.thumb.png.96c1ee184eb1f5cea84227305efa98c2.png