My pc wont shut down properly like the display powers off when shutting down exceptmy cpu still runns and mobo led is on

:) My config:

Processer: AMD Athlon x2 5600+ 2.8 GHz with stock cooler

MOBO: ASUS m2n-pv-vm mobo

RAM: 2GB 667 mhz Ram

GPU: Geforce 8400 GS 512 mb gpu

PSU: Mercury cheap 450 watt PSU

:( the problem is when shutting down the display powers off normally but the pc still runs and i m not able 2 find out whats causing the problem. :(

please need solution quickly. 

one of my friends had the same problem. he reinstalled windows, and it worked. his usb ports are now working and he is also able to shut down his computer

check for a  bad PSU cable. i seen on the net .that someone  had the same thing going on. and this is how he fixed it

all so check for any  ( sleep state setting. and turn them off._)

. in your bios. and in windows

one of my friends had the same problem. he reinstalled windows, and it worked. his usb ports are now working and he is also able to shut down his computer

Thanks for the suggestion I will try 2 reinstall windows.

check for a  bad PSU cable. i seen on the net .that someone  had the same thing going on. and this is how he fixed it

all so check for any  ( sleep state setting. and turn them off._)

. in your bios. and in windows

so in my ASUS motherboard bios settings I have only AMD cool n quiet and that is set 2 auto it has 2 options in it which is auto n disable. 

so I have 2 disable that really is this right coz my pc is about 6 years old configuration

slow shut downs cause by errors will show up in your event viewer.

if you have recently been using a disk optomizer then you may have set it up to defrag or clear the page file at shut down. if so run the app again and turn this off.

boot into windows and run sfc /scannow this will repair any broken windows components. (if you see any errors relating to broken windows files in the event viewer).

run a reg cleaner and clean up any hdd fragmented files.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel