Raptor Lake P-Core only SKUs

alex75871

I swear even though I have said 4? times now that multithreaded does not mean n-threaded, Kisai is still trying to prove us wrong with using n-threading as the definition of multithreading. 
Not a single person here has ever argued a 96 core CPU at 2.5ghz is faster then a 10 core at 5 ghz for gaming. Stop bringing that up as if it proves your point. N-threading is multithreading, multithreading is not n-threading. 2 threads IS multithreading. 

20 minutes ago, starsmine said:

I swear even though I have said 4? times now that multithreaded does not mean n-threaded, Kisai is still trying to prove us wrong with using n-threading as the definition of multithreading. 
Not a single person here has ever argued a 96 core CPU at 2.5ghz is faster then a 10 core at 5 ghz for gaming. Stop bringing that up as if it proves your point. N-threading is multithreading, multithreading is not n-threading. 2 threads IS multithreading. 

Not that I agree with the point about games not using more than 2 threads until the PS4, because games used more than 2 before then, but I am waiting for the realization that the PS4 was released 10 years ago. Weren't we all saying games have used more than 2 threads 10 years ago and someone here was for whatever reason arguing against that?

Even ignoring that I still do not agree with even that I find it really odd to read how games didn't use more than 2 threads until after the PS4 which is 10 years ago when I've been saying games have been using more than 2 threads even 10 years ago. This is getting bizarre, more so with every post. 

Anyway... Raptor Lake P Core Xeons anyone? Something something yea.... anyway. I doubt I'll ever cross paths with any of these.

38 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Not that I agree with the point about games not using more than 2 threads until the PS4, because games used more than 2 before then, but I am waiting for the realization that the PS4 was released 10 years ago. Weren't we all saying games have used more than 2 threads 10 years ago and someone here was for whatever reason arguing against that?

Even ignoring that I still do not agree with even that I find it really odd to read how games didn't use more than 2 threads until after the PS4 which is 10 years ago when I've been saying games have been using more than 2 threads even 10 years ago. This is getting bizarre, more so with every post. 

The xbox 360 was a three core console (three ppe) with SMT (6 threads), and PS3 had cell with 1 PPE and 7 SPE. 

not to argue that that translated to x86 cisc builds of games as those were unique power PC configs. But the fact is engines were built at that point to be mulithreaded to some degree just so you could have more than 5fps on the CPU side.

The ps4/xbone generation was not the first generation to be multithreaded with its 8 core jags
The whole 7th gen of consoles was ALL(sans nintendo) game devs building their games to be able to take advantage of more than one thread to some extent, many with less success than others. 
image.png.f5103dbfb963af75c720a4be1fb254c8.png
Like OMG a core 2 quad at 2.66ghz gets more FPS then a Core 2 Duo at 2.66ghz
Hell the two extra cores help so much, you could drop the clock to 2.4ghz and be getting better/equal frame rates, a whole 10% reduction in clocks
Unreal engine 2, lets goooooooooooooooo, way to be an early adopter. (most engines didn't scale as well yet obviously, so I'm not arguing it mattered back in 06)

Crysis also was multithreaded
Crysis Warhead - 1680 x 1050 - Mainstream Quality (Physics on Enthusiast) - assault bench
notice the phenom II x2 -> x4 disparity
The core 2 duo to core 2 quad.