ChromeOS Flex On Lenovo V570

Go to solution Solved by 8tg,

That is a sandy bridge machine, unless there are specific limiting factors for that laptop, ChromeOS will run fine on it.

And as far as knowing specific limitations? Unless someone here has done exactly this we wouldnt really know. Theres not too much documentation out there on the exact hardware used for the wifi or audio. 

I would just run regular old modern linux on it, ye olde xubuntu wouldnt have any issues with that hardware. Not old enough to be questionable with modern linux at all. You can still get usable performance out of early mobile core2duos on current linux distros.

I understand that the V570 is not listed as a supported or certified device on the official list. However, I am interested in potentially trying ChromeOS Flex on this machine due to its age, its performance limitations with the current OS, etc.

I would be grateful if you could provide any information on the following:

1. Has anyone successfully installed ChromeOS Flex on a Lenovo V570? If so, were there any specific challenges or limitations they encountered?
  2. Are there any known hardware incompatibilities with the V570 that would prevent or hinder ChromeOS Flex from functioning properly? For example, are there issues with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, audio, or video drivers?
  3. Are there any specific troubleshooting steps I should take if I attempt to install ChromeOS Flex on the V570?

Lenovo IdeaPad V570 (1066) - full specs, details and review (productindetail.com)

That is a sandy bridge machine, unless there are specific limiting factors for that laptop, ChromeOS will run fine on it.

And as far as knowing specific limitations? Unless someone here has done exactly this we wouldnt really know. Theres not too much documentation out there on the exact hardware used for the wifi or audio. 

I would just run regular old modern linux on it, ye olde xubuntu wouldnt have any issues with that hardware. Not old enough to be questionable with modern linux at all. You can still get usable performance out of early mobile core2duos on current linux distros.