Issues installing Proxmox

I am trying to install proxmox and after press install GUI interface it loads and tries to detect the USB. I had failures without before which fixed with using a USB without ventoy on it. But now get this issue with multiple USBs and multiple times retrying on different slots where after it detects it'll start to install and then do this. With terminal Ul it happens at the same time but it's a different artifact. I am using a old quadro GPU but it is worked fine with everything else on other OSs no problem.

1000009250.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2023 at 10:16 AM, VagueMedal said:

I am trying to install proxmox and after press install GUI interface it loads and tries to detect the USB. I had failures without before which fixed with using a USB without ventoy on it. But now get this issue with multiple USBs and multiple times retrying on different slots where after it detects it'll start to install and then do this. With terminal Ul it happens at the same time but it's a different artifact. I am using a old quadro GPU but it is worked fine with everything else on other OSs no problem.

1000009250.jpg

Try Installing proxmox with no gpu and then add it later with the proper drivers. It might have to do with that. You could also try installing another version of Linux to make sure the computer works properly. The last thing I know if is to make sure that you are making the usb a bootable usb by flashing the iso to the usb using a program like etcher instead of ventoy or just copying the iso onto a regular usb. 

Edit: you might also try seeing if there is a list of error message for proxmox and find it there, don't know if you've already tried that.

My Main rig: i7-4790, Asus z97c, Radeon HD 7850 (2gig), Fractal Design Focus G.

My Laptops: Dell xps 12 flip screen, Dell Latitude e5410, MacBook 2009, and a Hp 2000

Beware Yankees I'm a Louisianan  *Rebel Yell*