Things covering GPU screws

low tier gamer

Might be stickers or something... I don't know. But I can't take them off very easily or just try to screw through them

PXL_20231211_055538456.jpg

2 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Those aren’t screws, they’re anchor points for threaded inserts from the other side.

What do I do with those? I'm trying to remove the backplate

5 minutes ago, low tier gamer said:

What do I do with those? I'm trying to remove the backplate

Look up a teardown guide or review of your card, taking apart a GPU in the blind usually isn’t recommended unless you have experience with how gpus are assembled to begin with. 
You can’t remove the inserts, they are used to screw something down from the other side.

Most of the sapphire pulse cards seem to be set up where you remove the entire front shroud with the fans, then the heatsink, then the backplate can be taken off with the remaining screws which are on the die side of the pcb.

17 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Look up a teardown guide or review of your card, taking apart a GPU in the blind usually isn’t recommended unless you have experience with how gpus are assembled to begin with. 
You can’t remove the inserts, they are used to screw something down from the other side.

Most of the sapphire pulse cards seem to be set up where you remove the entire front shroud with the fans, then the heatsink, then the backplate can be taken off with the remaining screws which are on the die side of the pcb.

I have a 5600 XT BE (black edition) and the disassembly videos have the non-BE version. They just take the backplate screws off (which are in the same spots as mine's anchored points too.) Not sure why the design is different on this one. I checked Reddit and someone said they unscrewed from the PCB side which I have no clue what that means

12 minutes ago, low tier gamer said:

they unscrewed from the PCB side which I have no clue what that means

What I was saying applies to this model then. You take the fan side of the shroud off, then the actual heatsink, then you can get to the screws on the pcb that hold the backplate down.