Ryzen 5 7600 officially only supports up to 5200MHz DDR5 memory when using two sticks.

Hello2

Hi,

I want to build my PC soon but I have seen a lot of issues regarding DDR-5 with the new AM5 platform.

A lot of people use DDR5 Memory rated at 5600MHz to 6400MHz and are having a lot of issues when enabling EXPO. When I check the official page of the Ryzen 5 7600 they officially only recommend using a maximum speed of 5200MHz. Combining the CPU with this speed of DDR5 is probably tested as fully stable by AMD and therefore they legally don't want to recommend anything faster since that can result in an unstable system.

I know that a lot of people are running higher speeds than officially specified and are having issues with their systems such as random BSOD's. It seems as if you need to hit the silicon lottery in order to have higher RAM speeds, working with your R5 7600.

How are your experiences with higher RAM speeds for the AM-5 platform? Because at the moment I am not sure what to get for my R5 7600.

hi , we can read regular sized font just fine.

also , is there a task you are doing that requires ddr5 ram that is not possible with ddr4 ram?

11 minutes ago, Hello2 said:

Hi,

I want to build my PC soon but I have seen a lot of issues regarding DDR-5 with the new AM5 platform.

A lot of people use DDR5 Memory rated at 5600MHz to 6400MHz and are having a lot of issues when enabling EXPO. When I check the official page of the Ryzen 5 7600 they officially only recommend using a maximum speed of 5200MHz. Combining the CPU with this speed of DDR5 is probably tested as fully stable by AMD and therefore they legally don't want to recommend anything faster since that can result in an unstable system.

I know that a lot of people are running higher speeds than officially specified and are having issues with their systems such as random BSOD's. It seems as if you need to hit the silicon lottery in order to have higher RAM speeds, working with your R5 7600.

How are your experiences with higher RAM speeds for the AM-5 platform? Because at the moment I am not sure what to get for my R5 7600.

20+ AM5 builds with RAM between 5600 and 6400mhz. No issues or BSOD's 🙂

6000mhz CL30/32 is the sweetspot.  As mentioned in your other post, go with RAM on the motherboads QVL list if you want be to sure 🙂

Running 4 sticks of DDR5 is very difficult to get above 4800/5200 MHZ due to the limitations of the memory controller.
If you run 2 sticks you should be fine. This is why we start seeing 48-96GB 2 stick kits of DDR5, to get more memory with 2 sticks for stability reasons.