Annoying issue with Thinkpad T490 keyboard trackpoint click feedback - Can any T490 owner confirm?

Go to solution Solved by Chunchunmaru_,

Looks like ALL the recent thinkpad models have this issue, sadly. Other people confirm the same...
It's a shame

Basically I always used trackpoints on all the thinkpads I owned, x60s, T440s, X1 Carbon gen 3, X1 Carbon gen 4, and never had any single issue with the Trackpoint until I bought an used T490

The issue I am having is the worst click feedback ever, skipping text when selecting it, or even scrolling with the middle click pressed casually skipping and copy-pasting things (I use Linux, but the same happens on Windows), to make it work properly, you have to press REALLY hard.

Never happened even on a 15 years old x60s, when you feel the click feedback, it just works!
Since it was used, I thought it was the keyboard fault.
I tried 3 different keyboards, all with the same problem.

I ended up buying a 100€ original Lenovo keyboard, still having the same problem. See the video so you can understand what I mean

I watched different videos thinking I may be doing something wrong when installing it, but I'm not. The screws are tightly in place, tried with loosing the screws or even putting some tape under the buttons, no change.

Since I'm a really serious Trackpoint user, my entire usual workflow with the laptop is ruined. I don't use any external mouse and the trackpad sucks on anything that isn't a macbook.

I am really thinking about returning it and buy something else.

IMG_1564.thumb.jpeg.be172d239daf183d5bcb92a322f62873.jpegWhat’s the part number on the trackpad…

(Alternative)  01YU054 or 01LX660 (the glass upgrade)

Which manufacturer of trackpad (comes under the SAME driver)

I don’t condone piracy but since you mentioned MacBooks

Edited by Koolholio
Joke

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like ALL the recent thinkpad models have this issue, sadly. Other people confirm the same...
It's a shame