Aorus Z790 Extreme X not registering Wifi via antenna or ethernet connection

What's a GPU?
Go to solution Solved by What's a GPU?,

After typing this out it occurred to me that you can use CMD to bypass the internet requirement for windows install. After doing that and running the driver update it resolved the issue. Hopefully this helps someone else!

Finishing a new build for a friend and all went well during physical build, put windows installer on flash drive and got to setup but didn't see any w-ifi networks available. Tried rebooting and disconnecting antenna multiple times. Tried direct ethernet connection and same deal. Booted into BIOS and even with direct ethernet from router the bios screen says that ethernet port is disconnected on I/O page. Figured maybe a driver update would help but Aorus only includes windows .exe files for driver updates... Feeling a bit lost at this point with the only option I know of being to reflash the BIOS. If anyone else has experienced similar issues or has ideas for solutions I'd love some help.

MOBO: Aorus z790 extreme x

CPU: Intel core i9 13900k

Wifi 7 Antenna included with board

-J.T.

After typing this out it occurred to me that you can use CMD to bypass the internet requirement for windows install. After doing that and running the driver update it resolved the issue. Hopefully this helps someone else!

-J.T.

1 minute ago, What's a GPU? said:

how you bypass using cmd? I will be installing windows 11 in a new pc for the first time in a week.

4 minutes ago, ExtremelyPoorGamer said:

how you bypass using cmd? I will be installing windows 11 in a new pc for the first time in a week.

You can look it up on youtube