VMWare 17 only showing 1 virtual core

When I made my virtual machine, I assigned it 2 of my 4 cores, but when I check task manager, its only showing 1 core, and changing the virtual cores seems to do nothing.  The CPU is also running near stock, as opposed to what my host PC is getting.  I attached a photo of both task managers for reference.  Also, I am using the free VMWare 17 if that matters.  Any help is greatly appreciated.VMWareissue-CPU.thumb.png.0cf341816cf1cfbf1676fa56e18a4245.png

10 hours ago, BT3Beast said:

When I made my virtual machine, I assigned it 2 of my 4 cores, but when I check task manager, its only showing 1 core, and changing the virtual cores seems to do nothing.  The CPU is also running near stock, as opposed to what my host PC is getting.  I attached a photo of both task managers for reference.  Also, I am using the free VMWare 17 if that matters.  Any help is greatly appreciated.VMWareissue-CPU.thumb.png.0cf341816cf1cfbf1676fa56e18a4245.png

Has VMWare defaulted to 1 core when you first created the VM? If yes, it might have not applied the change to 2 cores.

I can´t really think of any other reason than this or a software glitch, since I use the same Version and never encountered this issue.

English is not my first language, so please excuse any confusion or misunderstandings on my end.

I like to edit my posts a lot.

F@H-Stats

The Folding rig:

CPU: Core i7 4790K

RAM: 16 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600

GPU 1: RTX 2070 Super

GPU 2: GTX 1060 3GB

PSU: Gigabyte P450B EVGA 600BR EVGA 750BR

Cooling: 2x Delta GFB1212VHG w. PWM

Linux let me down.

.- -- --- --. ..- ...         

Hello!

5 hours ago, Average nerd said:

Has VMWare defaulted to 1 core when you first created the VM? If yes, it might have not applied the change to 2 cores.

I can´t really think of any other reason than this or a software glitch, since I use the same Version and never encountered this issue.

I have changed the # of cpu cores and the amount of ram to check if it’s failing to update, but the ram changes just fine, the cpu still isn’t updating.  I’ve also reset both the VM and the host but still nothing.