Themostat

So I want to make something where if a tec reaches a certain temp it turns off, and then when it is below a threshold temp it turns back on. Wondering how I could do that off of 3V dc

A DS18B20 and then well if under temp and higher than temp turn on tec. Else well turn off tec

8 hours ago, jaslion said:

A DS18B20 and then well if under temp and higher than temp turn on tec. Else well turn off tec

how do you use the thermometer? do you need an arduino or will it work without one

Just now, Idkwhattodowithmylife said:

how do you use the thermometer? do you need an arduino or will it work without one

You need something to interface with it for example as you said an arduino

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

You need something to interface with it for example as you said an arduino

is there anything more lightweight? as in a couple of trasistors or something?

What you are searching for, is called a Schmitt Trigger. There are countless ways to build one. With a 555, transistors, some CMOS logic etc...

3 hours ago, Heats with Nvidia said:

What you are searching for, is called a Schmitt Trigger. There are countless ways to build one. With a 555, transistors, some CMOS logic etc...

Your best bet with this low voltage, is a comparator chip for low voltage applications that is capable of rail-to-rail output. I don`t often deal with designs other than microcontrollers at this low voltage, so i am sorry, i can`t reccommend you one that i know. But they exist. Like the LMV331/393/339, which are low voltage versions of the very versatile and common LM339 family that i used several times. Comparators, especially when they are this slow as in the application you want, are generally not hard to design. Even most opamps will do the job.

7 hours ago, Heats with Nvidia said:

Your best bet with this low voltage, is a comparator chip for low voltage applications that is capable of rail-to-rail output. I don`t often deal with designs other than microcontrollers at this low voltage, so i am sorry, i can`t reccommend you one that i know. But they exist. Like the LMV331/393/339, which are low voltage versions of the very versatile and common LM339 family that i used several times. Comparators, especially when they are this slow as in the application you want, are generally not hard to design. Even most opamps will do the job.

I have absolutely no idea what you just said 

Read up about Schmitt triggers. The easiest way to build one nowadays is with one of the aforementioned comparator chips.

You also need a sensor with a voltage output. The last step is a relais or other kind of electronic switch that switches the current for the tec.