Random flickering

Stin6667

Hi, 

Thanks for reading. Now I am only spit balling and putting it in Power supplies. As I don't think it can be anything else.
I have a 500w Evga 80 plus white PSU that I think is close to about 8  or so years old ( Not sure though as I have moved parts when building new systems). 
It is powering a Rtx 3070 and a 3700x. 

Now I get random flickering. And and not to long ago it would randomly shut off when playing balders gate 3. I saw other peoples pcs also shutting down cause of that. So I assumed it was just bad optimizing from the devs. As far as I can recall from the recent updates the random shut downs have stopped. But the screen still flickers. I have  done a DDU. And installed a fresh driver. And it still is doing it. 
At this point It is either the DP cable or the psu. But I am not sure.

I have also done a furmark test for about 10~20 min. And nothing happens. The test runs fine.

The flickering is not bad. It is subtle but noticiable

Thanks
J

8 hours ago, Stin6667 said:

I have a 500w Evga 80 plus white PSU

This must be a N1 or W1, both garbage units that needs to be replaced immidiately no matter what parts they're powering.

8 hours ago, Stin6667 said:

It is powering a Rtx 3070 and a 3700x.

I would not trust these part to a very bad group regulated EVGA unit with protection fails and design flaws.