Yamaha AG06 noise when plugging in headphones?

dev_reimu
Go to solution Solved by Cocococo,

There may be some settings the yamaha website isn't showing/ another user had the same problem and figured out a workaround on reddit or something. But if you must use the E-stat IEM's then plugging into another source is pretty likely going to be your only solution, idk what you use the mixer for but KZ is a brand i despise and actively avoid, switching to decent closed headphones will solve your issues because they're much less sensitive than IEM's in general.

Headphones like Shure 440A, AKG K361, Shure 840A, AKG K371 are the only closed headphones i really advise people get (Sony MDR-7506 sound awful and have a terrible non-removable coyly cable, Beyerdynamic DT770 has muddy and bloated bass with some of the worst treble of any "reputable" headphone maker out there, also non-removable cable) there is the Rode NTH-100 that are picking up in popularity but imo they aren't enough of an upgrade over the K371 to make them a great buy, earcups are larger and use cooling gel if that's the kind of thing you want (lots of content creators and musicians use IEM's because your ears don't get super warm and sweaty) 

As for a DAC it really is a last case scenario where you really want to keep using your current IEM's and haven't/ can't use a workaround, then i'd just recommend an apple USB-C to 3.5mm dongle because they're reliable and do an equally good job with a "clean" signal as most DAC's under Schiit Magni+Modi stack prices. There is also the Qudelix 5k that is a total revolution in the cheap-fi DAC world, bluetooth input but can be plugged into a PC to function as a USB DAC with more EQ adjustability than anything out there, more powerful output so it makes the typical FiiO, iFi and Topping desktops look a bit pointless in comparison.

Good luck with this, i don't use interfaces (i only use a USB mic for terrorising people on VR Chat and discord chatting)

I am using the KZ x Crinacle CRN ZEX Pro electrostatic wired earbuds, together with my AG06 from Yamaha, however, this happens with every type of headphones.

When plugging them in, no matter what I dial on the interface, there is always a static noise in the headphones.

Plugging them in any other device works fine, and there's no weird white noise. Same goes for my motherboard's sound card!

So then, why does the Yamaha AG06 do this? What could I do to solve this issue?

High noise floor/ too much volume is the usual suspect for IEM sounds, is there a gain adjustment somewhere on the interface? low gain is what you want for high sensitivity IEM's

3 minutes ago, Cocococo said:

High noise floor/ too much volume is the usual suspect for IEM sounds, is there a gain adjustment somewhere on the interface? low gain is what you want for high sensitivity IEM's

Yes, it has one for USB and one for the headphones themselves, but even with them dialed down fully, there is still some noise.

Turning the Headphones dial does raise the white noise level, while the USB one does not.

Have you tried plugging normal headphones in the interface? E-stats are spiteful and super annoying, and only want extremely nice equipment, so if similar sensitivity IEM's/ headphones have no white noise then it might be a case where a "low" power DAC could clear things up

7 minutes ago, Cocococo said:

Have you tried plugging normal headphones in the interface? E-stats are spiteful and super annoying, and only want extremely nice equipment, so if similar sensitivity IEM's/ headphones have no white noise then it might be a case where a "low" power DAC could clear things up

Yup! Apparently my memory didn't serve me right!

Plugging in full on over-ear headphones from Logitech, and there is NO white noise!

So then, do I have to look for a Low Power DAC? Maybe a wire extension for my IEMs? Or is there something I can do with said interface to fix this?

There may be some settings the yamaha website isn't showing/ another user had the same problem and figured out a workaround on reddit or something. But if you must use the E-stat IEM's then plugging into another source is pretty likely going to be your only solution, idk what you use the mixer for but KZ is a brand i despise and actively avoid, switching to decent closed headphones will solve your issues because they're much less sensitive than IEM's in general.

Headphones like Shure 440A, AKG K361, Shure 840A, AKG K371 are the only closed headphones i really advise people get (Sony MDR-7506 sound awful and have a terrible non-removable coyly cable, Beyerdynamic DT770 has muddy and bloated bass with some of the worst treble of any "reputable" headphone maker out there, also non-removable cable) there is the Rode NTH-100 that are picking up in popularity but imo they aren't enough of an upgrade over the K371 to make them a great buy, earcups are larger and use cooling gel if that's the kind of thing you want (lots of content creators and musicians use IEM's because your ears don't get super warm and sweaty) 

As for a DAC it really is a last case scenario where you really want to keep using your current IEM's and haven't/ can't use a workaround, then i'd just recommend an apple USB-C to 3.5mm dongle because they're reliable and do an equally good job with a "clean" signal as most DAC's under Schiit Magni+Modi stack prices. There is also the Qudelix 5k that is a total revolution in the cheap-fi DAC world, bluetooth input but can be plugged into a PC to function as a USB DAC with more EQ adjustability than anything out there, more powerful output so it makes the typical FiiO, iFi and Topping desktops look a bit pointless in comparison.

Good luck with this, i don't use interfaces (i only use a USB mic for terrorising people on VR Chat and discord chatting)