Fractal North AIO situation

RaiderActual171

I asked about this on the Pc Parts Picker forums but nobody answered. I would like to have a top mounted AIO on the Fractal North I'm about to buy but I'm not sure what would fit. Although the safer option would be to use a 240mm, I would like the extra insurance from the 280mm. I've seen mixed answers and I'm not sure who to trust. If anyone knows anything or has tried, please let me know

Can’t do 280 in the north on top unless you’re using a slim radiator and slim fans to fit the same profile. With 140mm fans they overlap the top of the motherboard, so there’s no clearance to go thicker by adding a radiator.

240mm sits asymmetrical from the motherboard so it can overlap without interfering.

This is visible in any build that uses the top as two 140mm fans, you can see the nonexistent clearance for anything further 

IMG_0865.webp.57dcce627a4b0c07bae07759441cd0a9.webp

that left fan on top in this image is at the same depth as the motherboard io cover, if you added another 25mm it would interfere with the io cover.

In the pictures you can see Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 and it pretty much sits on vrm heatsinks and RAM so this particular AIO definitely won't fit in 280 version.DSC_0140.thumb.JPG.8f9b5b2512276e5f6d01a79cc2afc115.JPGDSC_0141.thumb.JPG.72b66f7e7e44df08c556eb9fed474120.JPG