Who makes the best power supplies?

legend8887

Here's an interesting discussing about these OEMs. It started with user named MacLeod grouped Delta with Seasonic and Super Flower. http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11510

And the reply to him from Jonnyguru (he works for Corsair, and actually knows the industry first hand). There's also other stuff about how Enermax closed down their factory, who is manufacturing their PSU now and such.

"
Originally Posted by MacLeod
Why? I know Delta is the top dawg especially in build quality but isn't Seasonic a pretty close 2nd and Superflower coming in at 3rd? Granted I'm not in the industry and have a VERY basic understanding of the inner workings of power supplies but that's what I've gathered from reviews. Am I just way off or is Delta that much better than everybody else that they shouldn't be grouped with anybody?

When you put it that way... Delta is a server PSU company. You would group them with Flextronics, Lite-On, 3Y, Zippy and Etasis. Seasonic, although they do make some server PSUs, is still consumer grade. You would group them with Chiconey, Acbel, etc.

Super Flower is in a limbo. Like I said, they have great engineering, but limited production and QA capability. To end users, you can say the quality is that of Seasonic, etc., but I hesitate to do so until they update their factory and add a couple more lines. They're good, but you used the word "Elite". They're NOT Elite.

So comparing either of those guys to Delta is a bit off.
"

Raidmax makes some good stuff!

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

Corsair or Seasonic

Using Tapatalk

@tkhakr

In many cases, Corsair is Seasonic. Sort of. Corsair doesn't make power supplies. They get other companies to manufacturer them and Corsair simply sells them and offers lifetime technical support. Seasonic is one of Corsairs two main OEMs/manufacturers.

Seasonic is known to make good units, and they do sell some of their own units under the Seasonic brand too.

Instead of asking Corsair or Seasonic, you should consider what Wattage you will need to power your system and what your budget is, and then look for the best unit from either Corsair or Seasonic, or any others. They're both good (if not great), but they're not the only good companies by any stretch.