Replacement Christmas Light Strand Lights

VeryColdAir

Last year, I noticed that one strand on a pre-lit (built-in) Christmas was burnt out. This year, I'm looking to replacing all of the burnt-out bulbs and hope it doesn't happen again. (The strand is in the middle of the tree, the lights on the strand before and after are fine, which is a little puzzling.) There's between 60-80 bulbs that need to be replaced. I could replace just the bulbs, but I was looking to get bulbs with the bases already installed. Prior to today, I thought all strand lights were effectively the same, at least for the base of the lights and the diameter of the bulbs. Most guides I found online say to just match up the voltage and wattage. The labeling on the cord doesn't have any wattage or amperage listed, but it does say 2.5V.

I went to two local hardware stores, and they didn't have the replacement lights I was looking for (plenty of 3V lights with bases and plenty of 2.5W bulbs without bases though. This caused me to turn to looking on Amazon. I saw the following image on several Amazon listings, and it caused me to get out the calibers and check the lights I have. The light base I'm looking for is roughly 0.47 inches long, and 0.2 inches across the bottom, matching the base labelled "Others" in the image.

spacer.png

The existence of this image led me to think that the lights with the base label "Others" exists and people would sell it. I spent awhile looking around Amazon, and I've failed to find any lights with a base that size. In addition to needing the size that "Others" have (even though these "others" don't seem to exist), I'm also looking for bases that have a retaining clip of sorts on them. Here's a picture of a replacement light that came with the tree. It might be worth noting that I'm looking for warm white as well.

spacer.png

Has anybody had to find replacement lights for light strands before? Is there any store that sells lights with housing that matches the "Others" base, preferably in bulk of 50 to 100?

Ryzen 7 7800X3D  | Asus Tuf RTX 3070 | 32GB DDR5-6000 | MSI MPG B650E | Lian Li Q58

We just wrap our pre-lit tree with with strands of lights. It seems the pre-lit lights never last anyways. Not to mention trying to figure out what bulb is out is no fun.  Once the tree is decorated you can't tell.