Weird and random AiMesh Wifi Dropouts but can still connect to server pc. RT-AX55

Dolyfin

I have 2 RT-AX55 in aimesh, one as the main router and one as a node using 5ghz back haul.

I get this extremely weird aimesh dropout where the node seemingly disconnects and I lose connection to the majority of the internet except I can still connected to my windows server pc on the main router from the node.

The dropout lasts about 2-5 minutes and happen maybe 0-3 times a day, but the following connections still work from a computer connected to the mesh node with Ethernet:
- Remote desktop connection to a windows server connected to the main router.
- SMB network drive share to the same windows server.
- Gradio hosted local webui. (except the font seems to not load and becomes a default serif font)

As expected, every other internet usage that needs to reach the main router stops working, including wifi on the mesh node.

I've tried factory rests and updating firmware, this has been an issues for maybe over half a year now since I got the pair of routers set up.

I am considering upgrading both routers, but in the mean time, this bug is quite annoying.

To add: I have near ideal connection through two windows at 15m and negligible neighbor 5ghz interference.

img-2023-11-23-23-58-48.png

On 11/23/2023 at 7:59 AM, Dolyfin said:

To add: I have near ideal connection through two windows at 15m and negligible neighbor 5ghz interference.

Two windows?

Show us the analyses, please.

On 11/23/2023 at 7:59 AM, Dolyfin said:

img-2023-11-23-23-58-48.png

This isn’t as important as what’s on your AiMesh page.

Anyway, using 5GHz for backhaul at long distances while having to penetrate different materials, is going to be challenging. 2.4GHz might work better, but then you sacrifice bandwidth and are subject to more interference from other sources of 2.4GHz signals.

If 5GHz is being used as backhaul, then 2.4GHz is used for client-AP communication. This is the point that could receive WiFi interference if your environment has a lot of other 2.4GHz broadcasts.