How to transfer Windows 10 Pro RETAIL key after Windows 11 free upgrade

Hexenkartothek

So I've browsed YouTube and the internet a lot and can't find the answer to this. I haven't changed my mobo in many years. Way back in the day I bought a Windows 10 Pro retail key. I then used the free windows 11 pro upgrade. It has long since been a digital license. There is no true key associated with it that I know of or that I've been able to find. I also only use local accounts. So how do I transfer this digital license Windows 11 pro to a new computer I'm building? I have used various cmds and used showkeyplus by SuperFly and it all confirms it's a RETAIL key but the key it displays is just the generic Windows 10 Pro key. It does not show what would have been a unique key. I don't see how when I build my new computer I can just paste in the generic windows 10 pro key and it will work. So my question is basically how can I transfer this windows 11 pro digital license which came about from a free upgrade from a windows 10 pro license which I can't seem to get the key for. Thanks.

Just install W11 Pro, then in the activation screen select the "I've recently changed hardware on this system" option.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

12 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Just install W11 Pro, then in the activation screen select the "I've recently changed hardware on this system" option.

Hmm but it’s a completely new mobo, cpu, etc so I don’t see what would link it to my previous windows digital license. Do you know what I mean? 

11 hours ago, Hexenkartothek said:

Hmm but it’s a completely new mobo, cpu, etc so I don’t see what would link it to my previous windows digital license. Do you know what I mean? 

Microsoft does not care.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.