Troubleshooting Sudden Drop Performance on Laptop

Heyy

A few months ago, I used to play Fortnite on my laptop with medium to high settings using DirectX 12, consistently achieving around 100 FPS. However, a couple of months ago, I started experiencing frequent crashes. Initially, downloading all the skin textures helped, but the problem resurfaced after a week or two. The only solution was reducing my rendering mode to "Performance - Low Graphical Fidelity," which now gives me around 200 FPS.

Recently, I attempted to play with higher graphic settings again, but even in the menu on DirectX 11 (still a older api than 12), I now get only 45 FPS even in just the menu. It seems like my laptop has out of nowhere downgraded itself and I want help fixing 🙂

If anyone has insights or suggestions on how I can identify and rectify the problem, please share. If additional information is needed, please let me know, and I'll do my best to give it

Thank you for your help!

Specs of Laptop

image.thumb.png.8ed6dba45625e680e1e6b58708ef7643.png

Make sure your laptop is always plugged in, in power management set your power plan to Maximum Performance, double check if your dedicated GPU is being utilized.

Good luck!

>> Please consider tagging me (with a @) or quoting my reply so I can more easily get back at you! <<

Always happy to help!! 🤠

21 minutes ago, Catzzye said:

Make sure your laptop is always plugged in, in power management set your power plan to Maximum Performance, double check if your dedicated GPU is being utilized.

Good luck!

Yess it is always plugged in 🙂 I did notice it got locked at 30 fps no matter early on when I first got the laptop but that is not what's happening right now

You can also try updating the GPU drivers and tweaking with the settings in Control Panel with the recommendations from YouTube for Fortnite.

Good luck!

>> Please consider tagging me (with a @) or quoting my reply so I can more easily get back at you! <<

Always happy to help!! 🤠