Best 3d printer for about $300 USD

Nay-Nay9

I've been doing some research on getting a new 3d printer. I've mostly been looking at the neptune 4 pro but I started to see some people had issues with dimensional accuracy. (Link below to video where I first learned about this) I also saw a few 1 or 2 other reviews that mentioned the same thing. Has anyone else had this problem with it or are there just defects? I also wondered if it could be because the top part had a big tolerance in the bolts and people were screwing it on wonky.

Finally I just wanted to make sure that even if you can ignore all of the potential problems in the neptune 4 the best option is this price range. I was looking at some of the other budget printers but I don't know how they compare. I also saw that the neptune 3 was only $200 right now, so would that be a better buy?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

i find it amazing how little talk there is out there about wanhao..

i'm actually pondering to buy a wanhao D12 to replace my pretty ancient wanhao i3 plus, because i cant really be bothered to parts cannon the i3 to get it back to factory tight.

on that note.. complaining about some very slight axis alignment inaccuracies seems rather vindictive about a $200 printer... back when i bought my i3 plus it was still expected that the end user did this alignment themselves.

42 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i find it amazing how little talk there is out there about wanhao..

i'm actually pondering to buy a wanhao D12 to replace my pretty ancient wanhao i3 plus, because i cant really be bothered to parts cannon the i3 to get it back to factory tight.

on that note.. complaining about some very slight axis alignment inaccuracies seems rather vindictive about a $200 printer... back when i bought my i3 plus it was still expected that the end user did this alignment themselves.

Yeah I'm upgrading from the wanhoa i3 mini and it struggles. I'll check out the d12.

Also, is the axis calibration possible on the Neptune and do you what that would look like?

Just now, Nay-Nay9 said:

Yeah I'm upgrading from the wanhoa i3 mini and it struggles. I'll check out the d12.

Also, is the axis calibration possible on the Neptune and do you what that would look like?

i mean.. i dont have a neptune so i cant tell. on my i3 plus it's just hex bolts on in slotted holes, because china.

and yeah.. the i3 mini is defenately not the sort of printer that's gonna be accurate anyways, just because of the design.