French top 10 gaming cpu goes wrong

Hey guys i wanted to know what you all think about those french youtubers TOP 10 gaming cpu 2023 😅  Imo this video must be deleted.

Well didn't know why they forgot the 7800X3D ...

But they've already  recognized they should have  presented it in the vid's comments

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

I'm french. And thoses guys are absolute clowns. 
I'm just not surprised. 

- They talk about bottlenecks calculators... Which are mostly bs.
- They claim the 4500 is much more powerfull than the 3600X : Which is just not true. Both are still Zen 2.
- They don't precise the 5500 is mostly a 5600G without IGP, monolithic, and are both Zen 3 but the cache is cutted in half vs. the 5600/5600X. And that influence performance. Then they claim you can paire it with a 4070Ti max, which is insane. And they're then goes back to the fact that the 4500 has more frequency, so they prefer the 4500... Which can't be compared, because Zen 2 vs. Zen 3, not the same IPC. But at this point, you get it, they are a lost cause.

- They talk about how "not future proof" DDR4 is when presenting the 5700X...   
- They claim the 13400F overall performance is equavlent to the 5700X : Which is just not true at all.
- They claim the 13600KF "doesn't heat up too much", when this CPU litterally consumes about 120-130w, which is the same as my 5950X. 
- They claim the 7600X has "the same number of cores" as the 13600KF. Which is excluding e-cores completly at this point. 

I just can't be arsed. The whole french pc hardware media on youtube is plagued of thoses clowns. They are unfortunatly not alone, and most of them are actually pretty big youtubers. Which is : Sad, at this point.  
Avoid french youtubers at all cost as a whole for pc hardware recommandations.  
Please consider real medias, like Gamer Nexus or Hardware Unboxed.

9 minutes ago, Neutraliz said:

I'm french. And thoses guys are absolute clowns. 
I'm just not surprised. 

They also talk about bottlenecks calculators... Which are mostly bs.

- They claim the 4500 is much more powerfull than the 3600X : Which is just not true. Both are still Zen 2. They are pretty much the same.
- They don't precise the 5500 is mostly a 5600G without IGP, monolithic, which is Zen 3 but the cache is cutted in half vs. the 5600/5600X. And that influence performance. Then they claim you can paire it with a 4070Ti max, which is insane. And they're then goes back to the fact that the 4500 has more frequency, so they prefere the 4500... Which can't be compared, because Zen 2 vs. Zen 3, not the same IPC. But at this point, you get it, they are a lost cause.

- They talk about "not future proof" DDR4 is when presenting the 5700X...   
- They claim the 13400F overall performance is equavlent to the 5700X : Which is just not true at all.
- They claim the 13600KF "doesn't heat up too much", when this CPU litterally consommes about 120-130w, which is the same as my 5950X. 
- They claim the 7600X has "the same number of cores" as the 13600KF. Which is excluding e-cores completly at this point. 

I just can't be arsed. The whole french pc hardware media on youtube is plagued of thoses clowns. They are unfortunatly not alone, and most of them are actually pretty big youtubers. Which is : Sad, at this point.  
Avoid french youtubers at all cost as a whole for pc hardware recommandations.  
Please consider real medias, like Gamer Nexus or Hardware Unboxed

Can confirm. I speak French as a second language, and I was shocked by these claims.

But it's even worse than I think you realized: The Ryzen 5 4500 is actually closer to the Ryzen 5 2600 for gaming, it's not even on the level of the 3600X. This is because while the cores are Zen 2, they have half the L3 cache of the Ryzen 5 3600(X), which really hurts the gaming performance.

I had been using French hardware channels to help me learn French about two years ago, and I noticed that problem with the ones I found - their advice tends to be terrible. So I stopped watching them.

C'est triste.

Je suis Français ôssi ^^

I like these 2 guys, young and enthusiastic, their vids are usually informative and fun, even if quite far from the  level of professionalism of GN (which is extreme 😄, HUB or even LTT  😛

They also run a small SI prebuilt  web boutique with good  builds at good price, which is quite rare

But I admit this particular vid is bad,  they overrate some chips like the 4500 for no reason, but forgot to talk about 3D chips which are frankly the best gaming chips currently

I hope it's not to help sell their stuff ...

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

18 hours ago, PDifolco said:

like these 2 guys, young and enthusiastic, their vids are usually informative and fun

"Fun" maybe... We don't have exactly the same definition of "fun", but that's subjective I guess.
But informative, litterally, I challenge you to quote a single video where they don't say any bs. They're all except informative. 

They also run a small SI prebuilt  web boutique with good  builds at good price, which is quite rare

If you think FlowUp pcs are good value, we have a problem. 

I hope it's not to help sell their stuff ...

Having an SI as a pc hardware channel is an obvious conflict of interest.
Because of this, the question is always gonna be there, at all time. 

10 minutes ago, Neutraliz said:

"Fun" maybe... We don't have exactly the same definition of "fun", but that's subjective I guess.
But informative, litterally, I challenge you to quote a single video where they don't say any bs. They're all except informative. 

If you think FlowUp pcs are good value, we have a problem. 

Having an SI as a pc hardware channel is an obvious conflict of interest.
Because of this, the question is always gonna be there, at all time. 

Ok to each their taste... and I agree the conflict of interest is bad

But their prebuilts *are* decent value, comma 

As an example the "Moll-e" is 1299EUR, the same under pcp with no Windows no build cost is ... 1250EUR !

And the parts themselves are ok (except maybe the MSI case that I hate...), no H610 board, crap stock cooler, noname green RAM lone stick 😉 etc.. 

The prebuilt https://www.flowup.shop/shop/pc-gamer-moll-e-4060ti-1457#attr=1485,1787,2141,1476,2381,2372,2369,1489,1510

Equivalent pcp part list https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/RDmdqR 

4 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

As an example the "Moll-e" is 1299EUR, the same under pcp with no Windows no build cost is ... 1250EUR !

And the parts themselves are ok (except maybe the MSI case that I hate...), no H610 board, crap stock cooler, noname green RAM lone stick 😉 etc.. 

The prebuilt https://www.flowup.shop/shop/pc-gamer-moll-e-4060ti-1457#attr=1485,1787,2141,1476,2381,2372,2369,1489,1510

So you're quoting a product with a 4060Ti as "good value". 
That's saying a lot, really. 😂

7 minutes ago, Neutraliz said:

So you're quoting a product with a 4060Ti as "good value". 
That's saying a lot, really. 😂

C'mon, SI build stuff with the parts that exist, they haven't much of a choice, NVidia holds 80% of the GPU market share...

It's a pity for sure, but you should rather complaint to NVidia about their crappy entry level lineup

And it was a random example, I could have used a model with a better "value" 4070 with the same conclusion, FlowUp has very reasonable margin and offer decent part and build quality, that's what matters

2 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

C'mon, SI build stuff with the parts that exist, they haven't much of a choice, NVidia holds 80% of the GPU market share...

RX 7000 exist, and RX 6000 still exist.
Plus, that's entirly FlowUp's problem and choices. Not the consummer's. 
They don't HAVE to pick certain products of a brand.

Few things here and there :
- You quote "stock coolers" as a negative, but really having an AIO on 4500/5500 makes them only a worse value. When they are really bad already. And they barely heat up. They should stick to stock coolers and drop price accordingly. That would make more """"sens"""" already.
- Again with AIOs on pretty much all ranges, when they are mostly more expensive than tower air coolers, on CPUs that aren't much of a challenge. Like the 5600, the 13400F, or the 5700X. All thoses could have just afermarket air-cooler and do really fine.  
- They could propose only RX 6700XTs and 6600XTs in the mid-range. Which would be better.
- Where's the 6950XT in the entry of high end builds ?
- Where's the 5800X3D ?
- Where's the 7800X3D ?
- Where's the 7900 (non X) ?
- They only have F variants on intel CPUs when certain tasks benefits of the IGP. 
- Having the 7800XT in their catalogs could be a good value. (Even if it's pretty new tbf)

I could go on and on really.

But I rate them for having actual picture of the build that are looking representative of what you'll get, better detailed specs than some SIs (even if I'd appreciate timings on DRAM for exemple, or just the product ID to have more details with some researches), and clean looking website. 

2 minutes ago, Neutraliz said:

RX 7000 exist, and RX 6000 still exist.
Plus, that's entirly FlowUp's problem and choices. Not the consummer's. 
They don't HAVE to pick certain products of a brand.

Few things here and there :
- You quote "stock coolers" as a negative, but really having an AIO on 4500/5500 makes them only a worse value. When they are really bad already. And they barely heat up. They should stick to stock coolers and drop price accordingly. That would make more """"sens"""" already.
- Again with AIOs on pretty much all ranges, when they are mostly more expensive than tower air coolers, on CPUs that aren't much of a challenge. Like the 5600, the 13400F, or the 5700X. All thoses could have just afermarket air-cooler and do really fine.  
- They could propose only RX 6700XTs and 6600XTs in the mid-range. Which would be better.
- Where's the 6950XT in the entry of high end builds ?
- Where's the 5800X3D ?
- Where's the 7800X3D ?
- Where's the 7900 (non X) ?
- They only have F variants on intel CPUs when certain tasks benefits of the IGP. 
- Having the 7800XT in their catalogs could be a good value. (Even if it's pretty new tbf)

I could go on and on really.

But I rate them for having actual picture of the build that are looking representative of what you'll get, better detailed specs than some SIs (even if I'd appreciate timings on DRAM for exemple, or just the product ID to have more details with some researches), and clean looking website. 

Several things then

- AIO : they always look better and make much less noise that crappy "stock" coolers, and that please many customers (myself includeed), even if not necessary

- Lack of AMD parts : pretty sure it boils down to economics and ability for a boutique to grab stocks easily and with a discount, but  I agree the lack of 3D chips and mid range AMD GPU is an issue and a mistake. But maybe AMD GPU would require them to install different drivers on machines , needing 2 install packages etc

- F variant : 95% of their clients will be gamers and don't need Quicksync ... easy savings of 20-30EUR. Same for 7900 which is a productivity chip

1 hour ago, PDifolco said:

- AIO : they always look better and make much less noise that crappy "stock" coolers, and that please many customers (myself includeed), even if not necessary

Then you can't quote them as good value. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
And a lot of AIOs and actually more "crappy" than cheaper aftermarket aircoolers.

But maybe AMD GPU would require them to install different drivers on machines , needing 2 install packages etc

Why do they have a single 6750XT in the line up then ?

- F variant : 95% of their clients will be gamers and don't need Quicksync ... easy savings of 20-30EUR. Same for 7900 which is a productivity chip

So you're making the assomption that they're targeting gamers with no intention of doing productivity.
Ok.
Well, I can easly reply with
Why do they even try to sell i7s and i9s as a whole then ? Thoses doesn't perform much better in gaming than i5s and Ryzen counterparts, if not slower than the 7800X3D. IGP or not, thoses are "productivity chips", as you quote it. They have no buisness being used as a pure "gaming only" pcs. If you're doing that, that's only tanking the value : That's it.
And again where's the 5800X3D, where's the 7800X3D ?

So nope, not buying this excuse.

5 hours ago, Neutraliz said:

Then you can't quote them as good value. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
And a lot of AIOs and actually more "crappy" than cheaper aftermarket aircoolers.

Why do they have a single 6750XT in the line up then ?

So you're making the assomption that they're targeting gamers with no intention of doing productivity.
Ok.
Well, I can easly reply with
Why do they even try to sell i7s and i9s as a whole then ? Thoses doesn't perform much better in gaming than i5s and Ryzen counterparts, if not slower than the 7800X3D. IGP or not, thoses are "productivity chips", as you quote it. They have no buisness being used as a pure "gaming only" pcs. If you're doing that, that's only tanking the value : That's it.
And again where's the 5800X3D, where's the 7800X3D ?

So nope, not buying this excuse.

Ok we don't expect the same things from a SI, I just ask for honest price and honest parts PC, but don't expect them to replace me to choose the parts I need...

I agree tho on their lack of professionalism sometimes, anyone can't be GNSteve (fortunately lol)

Problem is the French Techtubers community is quite poor anyway, the best technical guy may be Pax... We don't have any Buildzoid nor DerBauer 😞